Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

abs no good how to mak go bye bye

Old 04-23-2008, 04:40 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flip2spin23
woot ,wooter, replaces curse words.
OK, that's what I thought you were doing.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

if you hold the button down for about 10 seconds while in 4wd the esb will say off, have never had a problem after that
Old 04-24-2008, 05:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

well i pulled the fuse last night everthing was great .i got a thought tho . what about kids growing up. how are they ever going to learn to drive with a car that controls its self
Old 04-24-2008, 05:51 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by flip2spin23
well i pulled the fuse last night everthing was great .i got a thought tho . what about kids growing up. how are they ever going to learn to drive with a car that controls its self
Most driving classes around here have had vehicles with ABS and other safety features for years. So, people have been on the roads like this for years.

I don't see how learning how to drive with ABS changes much, if you're a sensible driver.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Thanks guys

Yea I'm a little upset about ABS especially when I can stop in the snow quicker than our "SAFE" breaking systems (ABS). As far as ESP goes, it works good for someone in a text book situation but could be dangerous in other situations. I want to control my vehicles, I do not want them to control me. Didn't have it in the past and probably has made me a better driver by not having it. Jeeps are designed to be taken into tricky situations and count on a skilled driver to make it through the muck. I can't use my skills if the unwanted ABS and ESP backseat drivers are preventing me.
Mabey better for cars is ok but should come with a big ol ON / OFF switch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!COME ON
Old 02-26-2009, 06:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
Look at my last post. Was I typing in Arabic?
No... you missed my point smart arse.

Up until 2006 we never had it... its not like the ESB fixed a dreaded problem, it just reduces the possibility of lost traction.

And from what it sounds like, it is not helping with traction either.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:01 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 2climbbig
No... you missed my point smart arse.

Up until 2006 we never had it... its not like the ESB fixed a dreaded problem, it just reduces the possibility of lost traction.

And from what it sounds like, it is not helping with traction either.
That could be true to an extent...BUT a LOT of the trouble people are having is taking Jeeps where they have no frikkin business going in the first place. At least not Jeeps with all of this sophistocated electronics. Sorry about the smartass thing....nothin personal, it's just my nature.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:25 PM
JK Newbie

Default abs

just my 2 cents worth 3 days was all I could stand with esp I did the esp turn off dance thing and 34000 miles later have never wanted or felt the need to
turn it back on.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Isn't it weird how a post can come back to life a year later?? Just like it never stopped.........
Old 02-26-2009, 08:00 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You know, if you find yourself rolling down a hill, and the brakes are pulsing away... You have this little lever to your right. If you pull it, and you are in 4wd, you will apply brakes (that dont pulse) to all of your tires!

I have had the ABS do the same thing. I simply reached down and pulled the e-brake. Worked great. You dont have to lock it all the way on. Just pulled it gently and hold the button down so you can let it right off if need be.

As for people complaining about the ESP off road. Its almost completely off when you are in low range. Only the BLD's are still functioning.

Quick Reply: abs no good how to mak go bye bye