Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

ABS, ESP BAS, Traction Control, Brake Lights On

Old 06-20-2020, 01:08 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update. So, after a couple of days the Christmas tree went away. But then after sitting for a couple of days without driving it, the battery was dead again. After jumping and starting it, everything was fine. But when I put a voltmeter on it, the charge was slowly going down. Battery and alternator checked out at O'Reilly so the problem seems to be in the wiring somewhere. Maybe a wire touching metal somewhere.

Today, looked at the winch connection and noticed two things. The positive connection was really corroded and a torque screw was just sitting there touching it. Removed the screw and cleaned up the connection. Winch works and battery doesn't appear to be slowly draining anymore.

Fingers crossed, but after a month of checking different things, maybe I solved the problem.
Old 06-26-2021, 04:27 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see there have been no updates in a year+ so I am assuming that this was the source of your issue? My 2009 JKU just started with the lights as well and am trying to narrow down the cause. My tires are shot and I know I need an alignment but that has been the case for quite some time so not sure that is the reason but surely could be.

Quick Reply: ABS, ESP BAS, Traction Control, Brake Lights On