Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

About to purchase a used 2013 and have some questions

Old 03-27-2014, 04:40 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default About to purchase a used 2013 and have some questions

I have driven a stock 2013 Sahara and feel in love. I found a good priced 2013 with a 3.5" Rough Country Lift kit with stabilizer bar and a 33x12.5x20 Toyo Open Country tires. It needed to be aligned but was all over the place, drove like *****.

I was considering removing the lift and putting a 2-2.5" lift on it. But wanted opinions on the current life. This was obviously for mall crawling with the 20"s. I drive around 50miles a day and looking for something that has great highway quality to it. The stock jeep was nice on the highway, not as nice as my wife's Lexus but it was much better then a CJ my brother had years ago. I don't have one issue going to a different tire size and life size. But considering bringing it to a 2-2.5 lift range.

My off-roading- Mild- hunting lease some rocky areas but a stock f150 fx4 does fine in them with AT's. Some mud. I think an all-terrain would be fine for what I will be doing.

Just looking for advise on the quality of the kits that's on it and what out there will give it a better ride. at 50mph it would make you think twice about going any faster to highway speed. It was all over the place.

Thanks again.
Old 03-27-2014, 04:45 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Find one that's stock unless this one is just a great deal. At lest get under it and check it out.

sent from my work leash
Old 03-27-2014, 05:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mattgt5
Find one that's stock unless this one is just a great deal. At lest get under it and check it out. sent from my work leash
I agree. Solid advice
Old 03-27-2014, 05:03 PM
JK Freak

I doubt it's just a simple alignment that it needs. It's more likely just a bad lift without the parts necessary to correct the geometry.

Add up a new lift, new tires and wheels to make it the way you want it and see if it's still a great deal.
Old 03-28-2014, 05:48 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by idiotec
I doubt it's just a simple alignment that it needs. It's more likely just a bad lift without the parts necessary to correct the geometry.

Add up a new lift, new tires and wheels to make it the way you want it and see if it's still a great deal.
Solid advice right there. Been thinking of trading my 2012 Ram in for a '13 or '14 4dr for my dd and to take on the trails if friends or family want to come along. I've seena few 13's with upgrades, but the asking price was just to much. Probably just going to buy a stock and then do the work myself(as much as I can) to keep cost low.

rock
Old 03-29-2014, 07:09 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the info. I think I will be passing as he isnt wanting to lower the price.

Quick Reply: About to purchase a used 2013 and have some questions