Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

About to pull the trigger - down to 4 tire choices

Old 03-24-2014, 07:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No experience with duratracs but they intrigue me too, with all the positive reviews. That being said I've never used or heard of folks use the term "long tread life" with any Goodyear product.

I *do* hear folks use long tread life ALL the time with te BFG a/t and M/T tires. My personal experience is the M/Ts go 50k+. Mine should easily hit 65k. I'm at 50k now.

Past BFG A/Tkos went 60k no problem. Mud and any a/t = problem. Duratracs appear more aggressive. Just the larger/wider A/T will perfom better than what you have in mud/dirt.

Wider on normal driving snow/ice will go down. Deep snow will get better from my experience. i.e. 10"+ where flotation is a benefit to keep from plowing so much with the axle.

Sent from some string and a few tin cans.
Old 03-24-2014, 07:47 AM
JK Freak

There is a reason the BFG AT has been unchanged for so many years. I was running these in high school.... Im 37 now. My dad before that. They are great all-around tires. They are lacking in mud ability compared to other choices out there, like actual MT tires. As for DD use and road snow and rain use, these tires are great. Off-road trails and weekend fun at the beach, these tires always did well for me. Again, it was just the deep and sloppy that would hang me up. I ran 31 X 10.50 X 15 on a YJ and my dad had 35s on dodge pick up, that I drove a lot for camping trips.

My JK is not a DD, so I went MT tires. If I drove more miles, I would do an AT tire. You said 2 weeks thinking about it. Take your time and look for a few more days to be sure. Tires are with you for a long time and are very $$$. I personally had the money in my account the day I picked up my JK, but waited almost 8 weeks before buying my tires.

Hope my 2 cents helps.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:57 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for all the great replies!

I finally went with the DuraTracs. Great look and a lot of great reviews for this tire. Also, the price is just too good to pass up. I'll be a little nervous on the rocks with them, guess I'll just have to wait and see how they hold up.

Thanks!
Old 03-24-2014, 01:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Has anyone had any experience in snow with the BFG AT ko and the duratracs? just wondering how'd they would compare to the duratracs.
Thanks!

Quick Reply: About to pull the trigger - down to 4 tire choices