Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

About to order a lift; anything I am leaving out that I should consider purchasing?

Old 05-03-2008, 05:57 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default About to order a lift; anything I am leaving out that I should consider purchasing?

I am finally going to order my lift! This is what I am considering ordering; is there anything else that I should also consider getting? Of course, other than spending the extra coin for the Clayton 4.5" and 37’s....

My current setup is stock, with the only addition being a SRC Winch Bumper, and EPi 9.0. A rear bumper/tire carrier is in the distant future...

I will probably never run anything over a 35's, and more than likely will just run 33's when the stock 32’s are done.

I think after much consideration the OME HD will be sufficient for my long term goals; although the Clayton 3.5” and 4.5” lifts seem like really nice kits for the money, it might be overkill for my needs.

So with all things considered, I feel the OME with a couple of additions fits the bill nicely, so this is what I am considering purchasing.

1. OME HD.
2. Currie front and rear adjustable track bars.
3. Currie front and rear adjustable sway bar links.

I want to go with the Currie track bars because I like the Johnny Joints… They might be pricier than some others on the market; but having a little extra flex, and being able to grease the joint appeals to me. Am I off base with my thinking here? The Johnny Joints is also what I like about the Clayton kits!

I am also going to purchase Riddler front and rear diff covers while I am at it. All told, this puts the upgrades in the $1,400.00 dollar range.

I am also considering a better steering stabilizer, but keeping my mod budget in mind, I might wait until I make a final decision on tire size before pulling the trigger on this…I’m not sure I will need one just running 32’s or 33’s?

Thanks in advance for you opinions and advice! So, what say you?
Old 05-03-2008, 06:49 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you've got it pretty much figured. You might want to think of some extended brake lines, but other than that it looks like a great start.

A far as the stabilizer goes, definitely keep Woods re-locater in mind when you do. I have the Skyjacker and hate it. It bangs into everything down there. I'd go with a skinnier one like the Fox even though it's a bit more.

Last edited by seer1; 05-03-2008 at 06:53 PM.
Old 05-03-2008, 07:29 PM
JK Junkie

You won't need the front Currie links. I bought the rears for mine and moved my rears to the front. Save the $.....
Old 05-03-2008, 07:59 PM
JK Freak

Thanks for the advice... Anything else?

Last edited by SteelMastiff; 05-03-2008 at 08:03 PM.
Old 05-03-2008, 08:04 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Off Road Evolution Rep

Just do it right the first time, and it looks like you are in the right place to get the right info for that
!
Old 05-03-2008, 09:20 PM
JK Super Freak

1. OME lift is great!
2. Currie track bars are great! (Comes with zirk fittings on both ends)
3. Currie sway bar links front and rear are great!

This is the exact setup I have and I am very happy with it! The picture below is exactly what you are going to go with. You will not be disappointed!

Old 05-04-2008, 06:56 PM
JK Freak

Ctimrun, Damn nice looking JK you have!! Thanks for your input...

Quick Reply: About to order a lift; anything I am leaving out that I should consider purchasing?