Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

??? about full traction control arms

Old 09-22-2008, 06:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ??? about full traction control arms

Hello everyone. Been a while, freaking hurricanes!! I was wondering if anybody could help me whith an issue Im having with my control arms. I have a full traction ult. 3". I dont no the proper term, but the gold end of my control arms keep ending up slanted to the right or left. I think I read somewhere that these should stay vertical or straight up and down. I have lined them back up several times and tightened the lock nut down as tight as I can and it keeps backing off. I didnt put a torque wrench on it, but I put out on that thing the last time. It was freakin tight and it still backed off. Should I use lock tite and be done with it? Any help or advise is always appreciated.
Later
Old 09-22-2008, 06:05 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

try putting some red lock tite on the jam nuts and when you tighten them up, try giving the wrench a tap or two with a hammer.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:24 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LSU-JK
H". I dont no the proper term, but the gold end of my control arms keep ending up slanted to the right or left. I think I read somewhere that these should stay vertical or straight up and down.
Later
are they really supposed to stay straight up and down? mine have never been that way, always to one side or the other
Old 09-22-2008, 06:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thanks

I didnot notice anything as far as ride quality or handling problems. I just noticed that they were crooked and I remember reading that it will damage the arms over time. but I may be wrong about that. Thanks for the help way of life.

Quick Reply: ??? about full traction control arms