Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

About body lift 1"

Old 01-04-2009, 04:30 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default About body lift 1"

I would like info about a 1" body lift

- Security: Is it enough solid for off-roading?

- How about the shifter? I know that we have to cut the rubber inner shift boot...
I heard that someone had a problem: heat of the engine coming in the shift boot.

- How about the steering? Any other problems?

Thanks
Old 01-04-2009, 04:39 AM
JK Super Freak

If you're going to all that trouble why don't you install the BDS 2" body lift.
Old 01-04-2009, 05:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes the 1" is strong enough for offroad.
The 1" shouldn't effect the steering shaft .
I haven't heard anything about heat coming in through the shifter boot.???
The 2" would need a steering extension but that comes with the BDS kit. The BDS 2" kit also has rear stock bumper plates that relocate the bumper to cover the rear gap the kit creates.

Last edited by Geeper4x4; 01-04-2009 at 05:18 AM.
Old 01-04-2009, 05:30 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by britjk
If you're going to all that trouble why don't you install the BDS 2" body lift.
I would be afraid with a 2" body lift. The body is a little far from the frame, and I'm not sure that it's good... but I'm maybe wrong
Old 01-04-2009, 06:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've had body lifts on 4 different vehicles with absolutely no problems what so ever including 3" kits on a Dakota, a Ram and a TJ and a 1" kit on my JK. I went with the 1" over the two simply because it was an easier install, cost a little less and gives me all the clearance i need for the tires i'll be running.

I haven't looked over the details or talked to anyone with the 2" kit but the whole bumper relocation bracket idea kind of scared me away because I was nervous about the strength of those brackets holding the weight of an aftermarket heavier bumper/tire carier & 37" tire. I could be wrong though. Pulling the shifter 1" down was enough for me too a 2" body lift would pull it even farther down and might require even more trimming/who knows what? Again i don't have any experience with the kit a few people on here havve the 2" so hopefully they'll chime in with their knowledge.

Doesn't have any affect on steering, Yes it's safe as long as you tighten all the bolts down obviously.

I don't have any issue with heat coming through the boot at least i've never noticed, the only thing I have noticed since installing it is I can hear all the noises from my transmission a lot louder which at times can make you paranoid about every little sound but don't have any actual problems.

Last edited by DuDz40VT; 01-04-2009 at 06:49 AM.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:03 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by DuDz40VT
I've had body lifts on 4 different vehicles with absolutely no problems what so ever including 3" kits on a Dakota, a Ram and a TJ and a 1" kit on my JK. I went with the 1" over the two simply because it was an easier install, cost a little less and gives me all the clearance i need for the tires i'll be running.

I haven't looked over the details or talked to anyone with the 2" kit but the whole bumper relocation bracket idea kind of scared me away because I was nervous about the strength of those brackets holding the weight of an aftermarket heavier bumper/tire carier & 37" tire. I could be wrong though. Pulling the shifter 1" down was enough for me too a 2" body lift would pull it even farther down and might require even more trimming/who knows what? Again i don't have any experience with the kit a few people on here havve the 2" so hopefully they'll chime in with their knowledge.

Doesn't have any affect on steering, Yes it's safe as long as you tighten all the bolts down obviously.

I don't have any issue with heat coming through the boot at least i've never noticed, the only thing I have noticed since installing it is I can hear all the noises from my transmission a lot louder which at times can make you paranoid about every little sound but don't have any actual problems.
Many thanks for the info

I agree with you, I think that 2" is a little bit too much for the shifter
Old 01-04-2009, 02:25 PM
JK Junkie

Okay

I'm decided to buy the 1" body lift. But I have to wait on April because I don't have a garage, and it's winter here

More info will be appreciated

Thanks

Quick Reply: About body lift 1"