Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AAM 10.5 14 bolt (GM Version) Brakes

Old 05-15-2017, 09:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default AAM 10.5 14 bolt (GM Version) Brakes

I picked up an '04 AAM 1050 out of a Chevy 2500HD 6.0l last weekend, and I need to buy new rotors and calipers and all that jazz before I swap it into my 2012 JKU.

I was wondering if anyone knew if the stock JK master cylinder will be sufficient to run these bigger brakes, keeping in mind the fact that I am going to probably do a 14 bolt steering axle conversion also. And if I needed to put a new master cylinder, what is a good replacement that fits in the JK's engine bay?

I am a little new to the axle swap stuff so this might be a dumb question. I'm pretty sure the stock JK master cylinder will be fine but I want to make sure. Thanks
Old 05-16-2017, 12:11 AM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stock JK MC is going to be too weak for the setup you'll eventually be running. Guys have been running the larger Teraflex MC but even then, it runs a little mushy and you'll never get same pedal feel back.

I would recommend to start browsing the the JKO/Pirate forums for more insight.

Old 05-16-2017, 02:58 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 172 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by gnarly_mike

I was wondering if anyone knew if the stock JK master cylinder will be sufficient to run these bigger brakes,
If the caliper pistons are bigger than stock, the stock master cylinder will have to travel farther to apply the brakes. You will be able to apply more pressure, but that won't do any good if you run out of pedal travel.

Quick Reply: AAM 10.5 14 bolt (GM Version) Brakes