Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

9/16" bolts but where???

Old 09-19-2012, 09:38 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 9/16" bolts but where???

So I had an instance with death wobble after lifting my Jeep and have read about swapping the factory bolts with 9/16" grade 8 bolts. I replaced the front lca bolts on the axle side and the new adjustable track bar bolts but what else?
I found that the passenger side lca bolt was loose along with the sway bar link. After swapping and tightening I hit every hole I could find and I'm good but it can't hurt to swap any others.
Thanks in advance for any info.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KY JK
So I had an instance with death wobble after lifting my Jeep and have read about swapping the factory bolts with 9/16" grade 8 bolts. I replaced the front lca bolts on the axle side and the new adjustable track bar bolts but what else?
I found that the passenger side lca bolt was loose along with the sway bar link. After swapping and tightening I hit every hole I could find and I'm good but it can't hurt to swap any others.
Thanks in advance for any info.
I bought the Northridge 4x4 bolt kit and it came with 8 bolts for the lower control arms and 4 bolts for the front and rear track bars. Personally, I think just replacing the front track bar bolts, you are good and make sure the control arms and track bars bolts are 125 ft lbs.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:04 AM
JK Freak

That's what I was looking for. I figured the rear of the front lca but wasn't sure about the rear tb. Thanks for the info. No oval holes and everything seems to be much tighter!!!

Hit the bridge gap that caused the wobble this morning and all was good!

BTW if you get out on the trails anytime soon let me know...

Last edited by KY JK; 09-20-2012 at 05:13 AM.

Quick Reply: 9/16" bolts but where???