Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

9/16 bolt replacement

Old 04-21-2012, 07:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9/16 bolt replacement

Replaced all 8 LCA bolts with the 9/16 Synnergy kit from EAD. Also did the 2 bolts on the rear Trackbar. As far as the front trackbar, I only replaced the passenger side bolt as I am assuming the driver side bolt is a 14 mm. I guess I should go ahead and see if the 9/16 bolt will fit, but from what I have read on the forum its likely that the bolt is 14mm. My question is this. Should I replace the front drivers side TB bolt or just leave this one alone as I have changed out everything else? None of my local auto parts shops have a grade 8 ( or higher) 14 mm bolt. If i should replace it I guess I will have to order the bolt online
Old 04-21-2012, 07:56 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The 9/16" will fit. I just did this to my Jeep.
Old 04-21-2012, 08:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Blakspire
The 9/16" will fit. I just did this to my Jeep.
Did you also have to recenter your steering wheel? Mine took almost a 180* turn to recenter. What year is your jeep that had the 9/16 size n the front driver side TB?
Old 04-21-2012, 08:48 PM
JK Freak

Its a 2010 JKUR. You should not have to recenter the steering wheel with just the 9/16" bolt upgrade. I did because I installed a whole hell of a lot more than just that
Old 04-21-2012, 09:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Poker5150
Should I replace the front drivers side TB bolt or just leave this one alone as I have changed out everything else? None of my local auto parts shops have a grade 8 ( or higher) 14 mm bolt. If i should replace it I guess I will have to order the bolt online
As far as I know, only the '12's have an issue with the driver's side front TB bolt, and only then if the Jeep has a stock front TB. It's the bushing itself that won't accept the 9/16, I believe. I could be mistaken about this...

Anyway, all of my 9/16 bolts fit. I've got a FT front TB, and all went well.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ive got the stock front TB so I guess I will just leave the front drivers side bolt as is.
Old 04-22-2012, 07:16 AM
blw
JK Enthusiast

I had the dealer install my F911 kit on my '10 with a 2" Mopar lift a few weeks ago. They installed all but 2, but didn't tell my which or why. Well it finally stopped raining here in Portland, so I crawled under the Jeep yesterday to check and the two they did not install are not the ones I expected: the bolts that attach the lower control arms to the front axle. Is there something special about those? I notice that they seem to have those cam washers. Can I just replace them with my F911's?
Old 04-22-2012, 07:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blw
I had the dealer install my F911 kit on my '10 with a 2" Mopar lift a few weeks ago. They installed all but 2, but didn't tell my which or why. Well it finally stopped raining here in Portland, so I crawled under the Jeep yesterday to check and the two they did not install are not the ones I expected: the bolts that attach the lower control arms to the front axle. Is there something special about those? I notice that they seem to have those cam washers. Can I just replace them with my F911's?
All my F911 bolts attached easily to all LCA's and all TB holes, with the exception of front drivers side TB cuz I didnt even attempt it cuz Im assuming its a 10 mm

Quick Reply: 9/16 bolt replacement