Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

7 Wheeling Trips, 52k miles...bearing replacement?

Old 01-17-2016, 05:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jlocker
You will probably need to use a pry bar and a block of wood to see play in somethings like ball joints.
Ball joints are not bad...only 10k miles old
Old 01-17-2016, 09:05 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by devwil68
Ball joints are not bad...only 10k miles old
fwiw, I went through 2 sets of metal on metal ball joints (alloy usa) in less than 5k miles. Its not unheard of and definitely worth checking.
Old 01-17-2016, 09:55 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by D_engel
fwiw, I went through 2 sets of metal on metal ball joints (alloy usa) in less than 5k miles. Its not unheard of and definitely worth checking.
how is that even acceptable? did they replace them for free?....I would have not even purchased a 2nd set if the first failed in 5k miles. Exactly why I'm going with the dynatrac's....little more money, better insurance that they won't screw up.
Old 01-20-2016, 07:35 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Trevo
how is that even acceptable? did they replace them for free?....I would have not even purchased a 2nd set if the first failed in 5k miles. Exactly why I'm going with the dynatrac's....little more money, better insurance that they won't screw up.
They did replace them for free, but I chose not to install them again. I have synergy now and even they have some slight vertical play in them. I'm currently looking for a kingpin axle so I never have to replace another f*cking ball joint.

Quick Reply: 7 Wheeling Trips, 52k miles...bearing replacement?