Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

6inch rough country long arm kit

Old 09-01-2016, 07:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark_CuriousTracie
In my personal experience RC products are shit. I have ordered from them in the past never will again. But I ordered a front stubby bumper and sway bars DCs. And both products I had to do modifications in order for them to work on my JK. Yeah it's nice the price for there products but I am sure everybody heard of the term "you get what you pay for" just words of caution. P.S I don't know if you were doing your own shocks or RC's shocks but they also have a bad reputation.
thanks for the info! No on RC SHOCKS I was planning on doing fox with res. Shocks and run 40s
Old 09-01-2016, 07:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dahreno
People are funny and you never know where they are coming from. For all any one knows, those reviews may be from people who never 4 wheel. There'a also the people who feel they have to say there shit is good because they don't want to admit they wasted their time, money, lack of sense, or just screwed up. I have no problem telling people if I think I screwed up or made a mistake. I just blew up my 550 h/p SBC in my old Jeep! lol Anyway, I have a 6" long arm lift on my JKUR and despite what people who have never wheeled a JKU with a 6" long arm may try to tell you out of lack of experience, they are not too tall. Like most people, I have wider offset wheels, wider tires. It drives great, I don't feel like I'm to "tippy" when I'm off camber I don't run a Steering damper at all. BTW, I've had this lift kit longer then most have owned their Jeeps, it's 8 years old. And I wheel. I bet I didn't see any of you at Fordyce last Sunday.
Is your lift kit a RC one the one that I am asking about? I'm planning on running 40x13.50r17s with a 1.5inch G2 spacers. I'm currently running 37s with the spacers no issues. And I would upgrade to FOX res shocks.
Old 09-01-2016, 07:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

No, it's not RC. I also have zero experience with their products but have read nothing good about them. That doesn't mean anything to me but, I just don't like the idea behind the front suspension style, to me they look like they would bind. I also don't like the drop pitman arm. Other then that, I have not really looked at the kit very well, I just noticed that in the little picture you provided.
Old 09-01-2016, 08:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

No, it's not RC. I also have zero experience with their products but have read nothing good about them. That doesn't mean anything to me but, I just don't like the idea behind the front suspension style, to me they look like they would bind. I also don't like the drop pitman arm. Other then that, I have not really looked at the kit very well, I just noticed that in the little picture you provided.
ok thanks for your insight! Apperently

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imoZZdwbvFI&feature=share
This guys is running this exact kit
Old 09-01-2016, 08:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

you could do everything in that video in a stock jeep, and the guy is jumping it, which isn't the brightest....so I wouldn't use that as a barometer.
Old 09-01-2016, 09:00 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

People are funny and you never know where they are coming from. For all any one knows, those reviews may be from people who never 4 wheel. There'a also the people who feel they have to say there shit is good because they don't want to admit they wasted their time, money, lack of sense, or just screwed up. I have no problem telling people if I think I screwed up or made a mistake. I just blew up my 550 h/p SBC in my old Jeep! lol Anyway, I have a 6" long arm lift on my JKUR and despite what people who have never wheeled a JKU with a 6" long arm may try to tell you out of lack of experience, they are not too tall. Like most people, I have wider offset wheels, wider tires. It drives great, I don't feel like I'm to "tippy" when I'm off camber I don't run a Steering damper at all. BTW, I've had this lift kit longer then most have owned their Jeeps, it's 8 years old. And I wheel. I bet I didn't see any of you at Fordyce last Sunday.
I wasn't invited
Old 09-01-2016, 09:03 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

Originally Posted by Jasoncinpean
ok thanks for your insight! Apperently

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imoZZdwbvFI&feature=share
This guys is running this exact kit
A stock jeep with the factory tires would do everything this guys is doing. Not hard to drive around in the dirt. A stock jeep would not unload near as much as that thing does in the first decline.

Last edited by TheDirtman; 09-02-2016 at 06:11 AM.
Old 09-02-2016, 01:37 AM
JK Junkie

Funny how somebody can install a 2.5 lift and complain of flighty steering until caster correction is added. Then theres the few with 6" lifts w/ 1-2° caster and claim it steers great. I know ride in general is subjective but keeping the jeep straight at 70 mph is not.
I have no problem with a tall lift, if it were me id plan for a aftermarket housing with added caster and pinion.

The kit is not too bad. As said i would stay around 3-4" tops. Radius arms get mixed opinions. Ive never rid in a JK with them but my brother had the RC arms on a cherokee. The arms were beefy, It handled fine and he beat that thing. Bushings all looked good when removed later when the jeep was parted out. RC shocks get mixed reviews as well and im not a fan of DPA's. At least RC now uses a raised TB bracket. Replace the DPA with a flipped DL instead. I will admit RC looks to have been improved and a lot of their stuff doesn't look too bad. That and CS from what i see is top notch if you ever have a problem.
Old 09-02-2016, 02:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lkjk
you could do everything in that video in a stock jeep, and the guy is jumping it, which isn't the brightest....so I wouldn't use that as a barometer.
I agree I was just using the video to show what it looks like installed on a jeep no other purpose
Old 09-02-2016, 06:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't know the pros and cons of radius arms, but my gut says they aren't great for a daily driver. Radius arms are so simplistic why would oems not be using them if they had advantages? Instead of using them jeep put a lot of thought into the 4 link design so I'm guessing it must be better since it's also definitely more complicated. I also suspect castor changes more as suspension cycles with radius arms probably resulting in bizarre handling at high speeds. (This is all conjecture on my part.)

Secondly what's the point of a 6" lift and all the issues it presents (driveline, low castor, and bump steer) if you don't get more clearance than a 3" short arm lift? Here's a pic of my short arm lift with 3" springs above that long arm kit.

Are you really gaining anything with those extra inches height and all that crap hanging under your belly?

Edit:

I went outside and just took a picture of my rig from about the same angle as that one of the radius arm set up for a better comparison...

Last edited by Biginboca; 09-02-2016 at 06:55 AM.

Quick Reply: 6inch rough country long arm kit