Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

6inch rough country long arm kit

Old 09-01-2016, 05:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6inch rough country long arm kit

Has anyone taken a chance and purchased this rough country 6inch long arm kit? If so let me
Know what you think. All reviews online are 5 stars. The kit looks very complete. Also if I may. Long arm or not thought on this as well. Thanks !
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2050852674.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	234.0 KB
ID:	655851   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2908513097.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	229.0 KB
ID:	655852   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1642965092.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	655853   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4264864069.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	149.6 KB
ID:	655854  
Old 09-01-2016, 05:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Oh yeah it goes for 2,200 shipped no welding needed since it comes with a new crossmember that has the co tell arm brackets welded in for you already.
Old 09-01-2016, 06:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Looks like a disaster waiting to happen
Old 09-01-2016, 06:04 PM
JK Junkie

Way too tall for one.
Old 09-01-2016, 06:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by twinz33
Looks like a disaster waiting to happen
please elaborate honestly looking for reasons and help thanks!
Old 09-01-2016, 06:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
Way too tall for one.
can you elaborate, too tall for a wrangler or? Sorry don't understand thanks!
Old 09-01-2016, 07:03 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What's your plan with the jeep? Tire size & use?

The kit runs radius arms which have negative & positive reviews depending on who you ask. Do some research on the arms.

Rough country shocks & coils suck. The coils are known to sag & the shocks are generic off the shelf shocks with basic valving.

Trying to keep the jeep in a straight line with a stock housing will be difficult. At 6" the caster will be significantly off.

You'll need to account for new driveshafts as well.

Overall, I wouldn't do it.

Good luck
Old 09-01-2016, 07:13 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jasoncinpean
Has anyone taken a chance and purchased this rough country 6inch long arm kit? If so let me
Know what you think. All reviews online are 5 stars. The kit looks very complete. Also if I may. Long arm or not thought on this as well. Thanks !
In my personal experience RC products are shit. I have ordered from them in the past never will again. But I ordered a front stubby bumper and sway bars DCs. And both products I had to do modifications in order for them to work on my JK. Yeah it's nice the price for there products but I am sure everybody heard of the term "you get what you pay for" just words of caution. P.S I don't know if you were doing your own shocks or RC's shocks but they also have a bad reputation.
Old 09-01-2016, 07:35 PM
JK Freak

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

People are funny and you never know where they are coming from. For all any one knows, those reviews may be from people who never 4 wheel. There'a also the people who feel they have to say there shit is good because they don't want to admit they wasted their time, money, lack of sense, or just screwed up. I have no problem telling people if I think I screwed up or made a mistake. I just blew up my 550 h/p SBC in my old Jeep! lol Anyway, I have a 6" long arm lift on my JKUR and despite what people who have never wheeled a JKU with a 6" long arm may try to tell you out of lack of experience, they are not too tall. Like most people, I have wider offset wheels, wider tires. It drives great, I don't feel like I'm to "tippy" when I'm off camber I don't run a Steering damper at all. BTW, I've had this lift kit longer then most have owned their Jeeps, it's 8 years old. And I wheel. I bet I didn't see any of you at Fordyce last Sunday.
Old 09-01-2016, 07:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Joe_B
What's your plan with the jeep? Tire size & use? The kit runs radius arms which have negative & positive reviews depending on who you ask. Do some research on the arms. Rough country shocks & coils suck. The coils are known to sag & the shocks are generic off the shelf shocks with basic valving. Trying to keep the jeep in a straight line with a stock housing will be difficult. At 6" the caster will be significantly off. You'll need to account for new driveshafts as well. Overall, I wouldn't do it. Good luck

The plan was to run this long arm kit, get 40s and dump the RC. Shocks upgrade to bilstein or fox shocks with res.

Quick Reply: 6inch rough country long arm kit