Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

6-Spd Shifter bezel

Old 09-18-2010, 06:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Deton8dJK
Broke mine as well and went with the Drake. You must save the bottom piece.

Yeah! That definitely does look pretty sharp!! How'd you paint it? I dig your transfer case shifter knob, too! You really went all out!
Old 09-18-2010, 08:24 PM
JK Newbie

With the Drake, you just drill out the plastic nibs where they broke on yours anyway. The drake comes with the bolts you need.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep interior 6..jpg
Views:	110
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	89560   Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep interior 3..jpg
Views:	92
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	89561  
Old 09-18-2010, 08:53 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vedo13
I broke my shifter bezel when installing my new Tuffy console and I need a new one. Has anyone got any suggestions? I'm looking at either the Drake or the NCM, both listed in two prominent catalogues. Not looking for BLING, just something that's beefier than plastic piece and works well with the steel console. I still have the original rubber shift boot. Was wondering if these replacement bezels require the original boot--the upper one that you see, NOT the lower one that's attached to the tranny. Thanks!!

Vedo
I hear you. I replaced my console with the tuffy but the bezel is loose on the dash end. Nothing major just moves side to side a 1/2 inch or so. I did not break mine, I had already removed when doing my body lift. It seems that the console may have been designed using another year model as a pattern. If no bling is wanted then just replace the plastic melt studs with actual bolts.

I too would like a more beefy replacement for the plastic ring and not bling. Thought about buying the drake aluminum one and painting it to match the console. Also, making a new fastening system than the facory plastic bottom piece. I'm not home to play with it but I am hoping to just drill and tap the console for the side bolts of the trim piece.
Old 09-22-2010, 12:17 PM
JK Super Freak

I ordered touch up paint in an aerosol can. I scuffed the alum and then put about 6 coats of paint and 3 coats of clear coat. It turned out well. Im sure you could bed line it with rattle can and I think that could look pretty sharp. Good luck.

Quick Reply: 6-Spd Shifter bezel