Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

6 spd lube change

Old 05-19-2021, 04:21 AM
wgw
JK Newbie

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 6 spd lube change

while doing fluid changes for everything on my 16 Rubicon got to the tranny and found the drain plug is lined up with the exh pipe.....not enuff room to get a allen socket in, and really wanting to drain it from the bottom rather then pumping out from the fill, I thought I wud buy a spare 17mm allen socket, remove the allen and use a wrench....as it turns out Auto Zone is close to me, and after getting back home, found that after punching the allen out of the socket, its a 16mm at the other end, which happens to be the fill plug size....kinda a nifty addition to the tool box,,
Old 05-19-2021, 04:24 AM
JK Junkie

Received 160 Likes on 141 Posts

Nice. There were threads on this maybe 5+ years ago with people showing how they made their own tool. For me, I bought a set of hex sockets from harbor freight and just by dumb luck the socket fit around that pipe in my 2012 like it was made for the purpose.
The following users liked this post:
wgw (05-19-2021)

Quick Reply: 6 spd lube change