Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

6" Procomp coils on RE 4.5 lift?

Old 12-28-2009, 01:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6" Procomp coils on RE 4.5 lift?

Picked up some 6" procomp coils to hopefully lift up the jeep a little more. The re coils have a nice ride, but would allow really hard bottoming out when I have a single adult in the rear, much less 2 adults.
The RE's seem to have already sagged about an inch......and I don't have any additional armor, or a winch which is coming soon!!!!

I was planning on some spacers to correct, but these were a good deal from craigslist! New in the packaging!

Does anyone have experience with them as far as ride?
What do you think of the mix and match of suspension parts?
Old 12-28-2009, 01:53 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have a Frankenlift which contains 6" front and rear Pro Comp springs....

Be prepared for the rear springs to make contact with your trackbar and gas tank skid. The rear springs are way too big and Pro Comp just now acknowledged the problem and is working to resolve it. They just sent me a set of prototype 6" rear springs to test out to see if the contact problem still exists

Not sure what kind of deal you got but they can be easily purchased from 4WD.com for around $120 per set shipped when on sale...... $240 total

Last edited by UGOTKERN; 12-28-2009 at 01:55 PM.
Old 12-28-2009, 04:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

paid 180 New in box......I thought the rear coils looked humongous!!!

Hopefully it's not too bad. I've had the re 4.5 rubs on the trackbar, but that is because I need to shorten the arms about an inch.....the rear axle is sitting too far back right now.

I'll check them out and see how they work out. If need be, I'll go to the spacers from teraflex and revert back to the re coils.

Thanx a lot for the info that you provided.

Jake

Quick Reply: 6" Procomp coils on RE 4.5 lift?