Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

6" Long Arm Kit - Comparison

Old 12-30-2008, 06:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
Is the teraflex a weld on kit?
Yes the TF kit is a weld on kit. The front and rear long arm mounts get welded on to the Jeep. I do not have pictures of the front, but here is one of the rear mount welded to the frame.

And one of the Jeep

Old 12-30-2008, 06:58 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Ctimrun
Yes the TF kit is a weld on kit. The front and rear long arm mounts get welded on to the Jeep. I do not have pictures of the front, but here is one of the rear mount welded to the frame.

And one of the Jeep

Wow, is that yours?
Old 12-30-2008, 07:26 PM
JK Super Freak

RockKrawler also has the exhaust crossmember skid.

The install is more difficult because of the rear axle truss and the exhaust mod, but the three link setup is perfect for flex, and it rides great on road. Now that I'm getting used to the 35's and the Mud grapplers, the ride is just like stock, maybe a little smoother, (except for the rumble of the tires).

Nothing is beefier. The arms are SOLID stock, and bent for better clearance. Also the weld on brackets don't stick down as far as the others I've seen. The customer support is fantastic- they patiently answered all my dumb questions.

I have the 3.5 inch lift on a two door, but I got about 5.5-6 inches depending on where I measure. So much flex that it still rubs the rear tires on the bumper. Just barely though. Who knows what the 5.5 inch lift would give you.

Old 12-31-2008, 06:52 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 08SaharaM6
Thanks, I was looking at the Teraflex kit. I know orange crush has 40's, what tire size is on the green one or do they just look bigger with smaller wheels?
I believe he was running 40's on it for SEMA.

Quick Reply: 6" Long Arm Kit - Comparison