Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

6" Long Arm Kit - Comparison

Old 12-28-2008, 05:07 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6" Long Arm Kit - Comparison

Not sure if this has been covered. I did a quick search and didnt find it but if its already here, dont shoot, just post the link for me

Anyway, I was wondering if their were any real comparisons between all the long arm kits out there. If not, I want to hear what you have and how you like it. Also, what you have heard about the companies out there, good or bad.

I will be getting it for an Unlimited (just in case you need that info)
Old 12-28-2008, 09:18 PM
JK Jedi Master

I just installed my Fulltraction long arm kit, all there kits are the same, just different size coils and shocks.

I had to cut and grind all the stock control arm brackets off, which was not hard. Just time consuming. This kit replaces the flimsy stock cross member and has a skid for the exhaust crossover.

I have not seen any other long arm do this. (I could be wrong)

the welds and brackets are extremely beefy, I have no doubt in the strength in this kit. The bracket use some exsisting holes in the frame so you really cant install it wrong.

Here's a link to the install, also look in my album for a couple extra install pics. It rides extremely well, better than stock, no noises from the lift at all.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...328#post859328

Last edited by Piginajeep; 12-28-2008 at 09:20 PM.
Old 12-29-2008, 06:24 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
I just installed my Fulltraction long arm kit, all there kits are the same, just different size coils and shocks.

I had to cut and grind all the stock control arm brackets off, which was not hard. Just time consuming. This kit replaces the flimsy stock cross member and has a skid for the exhaust crossover.

I have not seen any other long arm do this. (I could be wrong)

the welds and brackets are extremely beefy, I have no doubt in the strength in this kit. The bracket use some exsisting holes in the frame so you really cant install it wrong.

Here's a link to the install, also look in my album for a couple extra install pics. It rides extremely well, better than stock, no noises from the lift at all.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...328#post859328
Thanks, I saw yours, it looks great.

If any of the vendors would like to throw in their opinion, that would be great too.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:07 PM
JK Freak

No one, I find that hard to believe. You guys love posting pics of them, why dont you talk about them!
Old 12-30-2008, 02:08 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

TeraFlex has a 6" kit. You have to remove the factory control arm mounts. The brackets are easy to place. This kit doesn't require for you remove the factroy crossmember.

The 6" LA kit #1257600 comes with the new forged HD flipped draglink/trackbar drop bracket/brace kit. Also comes with the Forged Front TrackBar #1753419. With Clevite bushing on the frame side of the long arm, road noise/vibrations are reduced. On the axle end there are modular flex joints that are greasable and rebuildable. No metal on metal squeaks from our joints.

Old 12-30-2008, 04:20 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
TeraFlex has a 6" kit. You have to remove the factory control arm mounts. The brackets are easy to place. This kit doesn't require for you remove the factroy crossmember.

The 6" LA kit #1257600 comes with the new forged HD flipped draglink/trackbar drop bracket/brace kit. Also comes with the Forged Front TrackBar #1753419. With Clevite bushing on the frame side of the long arm, road noise/vibrations are reduced. On the axle end there are modular flex joints that are greasable and rebuildable. No metal on metal squeaks from our joints.

Thanks, I was looking at the Teraflex kit. I know orange crush has 40's, what tire size is on the green one or do they just look bigger with smaller wheels?
Old 12-30-2008, 04:28 PM
JK Super Freak

I've got the Teraflex long arm upgrade kit along with Off Road Evolutions coilover system from and rear. I also have the TF HD track bar bracket/brace and high steering kit. I love the Teraflex stuff and would recommend it to anyone looking for a long arm kit. It is very quiet, no complaints at all with it.

Not much to say I guess other than it just works like it should.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:11 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Ctimrun
I've got the Teraflex long arm upgrade kit along with Off Road Evolutions coilover system from and rear. I also have the TF HD track bar bracket/brace and high steering kit. I love the Teraflex stuff and would recommend it to anyone looking for a long arm kit. It is very quiet, no complaints at all with it.

Not much to say I guess other than it just works like it should.
X2 here.

The only other lift my local JEEP specialty shop will install and warranty is Rubicon Express.

Love the TF lift. Very smooth and very strong.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:27 PM
JK Jedi Master

Is the teraflex a weld on kit?
Old 12-30-2008, 06:30 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
Is the teraflex a weld on kit?
From what I've found, I dont believe so. It retains the stock cross member. I will be doing some research until I get my Jeep. The last one had a 4.5" lift with 35s, this time I really want to make a monster, as long as my pocket lets me!

Quick Reply: 6" Long Arm Kit - Comparison