Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

which 6" lift should i go with?

Old 02-11-2010, 02:10 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which 6" lift should i go with?

been lookin at bds, teraflex, and rough country. which is best and what should i go with? aslo lookin to put 37" tires and still be able to be a daily driver, but also be able to climb mountains, haha. suggestions?
Old 02-11-2010, 05:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default need more info

besides climbing mountains and being a daily driver....what is your budget? if you dont put it on yourself you will also have installation costs on top of lift costs. if you are putting it on yourself how capable are you? some of the lifts require cutting and welding. I would also throw in that in the lists of lifts you provided you get what you pay for. The cheaper lift is exaclty that...the more expensive lifts are more complete.
Old 02-11-2010, 05:19 AM
JK Super Freak

I am in the process of putting on a 4" long arm BDS . Good price and warranty. You will probably need drive shafts too. The other lifts are the choice of more JK owners then BDS but BDS does have a history with the TJ,YJ,CJ and trucks . It is all personal choice. Buy the BDS and the savings will pay for the drive shafts
Old 02-11-2010, 07:17 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First off, how big of tires do you want to run? I would suggest you take a close look at what companies use for bushings. TeraFlex uses Clevite bushings for factory like ride and to cut down road vibration and noise. Some companies use a poly bushings, these tend to limit flex due to how rigid they are and will split/fail over time.

Co-workers sitting on 40's with a 6" TeraFlex LA kit with 1" coil spacers.

Last edited by TeraFlex; 02-11-2010 at 09:49 AM.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Full traction has a 6" long arm lift. Four link with track bars front and rear. I am very happy with both on and off road performance! Check their site; the kit is not shown because it is the same as their 4" LA kit with different springs. Eddie was running it until he changed out the springs for coil overs. He still has the arms etc.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Catch this YouTube vid of me doing a walk-around of my Jeep while at SEMA....youtube.com/watch?v=viAFFDgGzR4 to see live action what the TeraFlex 6" kit looks like.

I'm running a 6" TeraFlex Elite LCG long arm suspension system along with 41" tires. There's a few companies out there that offer 6" 'lifts' but the brands offering 6" 'suspension systems' are few and far between. That's why I chose TeraFlex. Their 6" system includes, out of the box, everything you need to get your Jeep lifted to that height the RIGHT way except the gears and drive shafts (which they sell too). This means shocks, coils, adjustable control arms (not fixed length), stainless extended DOT brake lines, hi-steer brackets, new heavy duty front and rear trackbars, drag link flip kit, rear trackbar bracket and swaybar links plus all the hardware. The other guys make you piece your kit together and often some things don't work with one another and you end up having to scrap it all to start over again.

The TeraFlex 4" long arm kit is a good starting point that will net you at least 5" in true lift and if you ever want to upgrade to the 6" system - you just get new coils and maybe a few inexpensive add-ons.

Old 02-11-2010, 10:38 AM
JK Freak

Awesome JK JPTwinz... You can't compare Rough Country and Teraflex IMO In fact, I'm saving money 'cuz I wanna change my lift for the Teraflex

Trending Topics

Old 02-11-2010, 10:44 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

6" is VERY TALL. you can run 37's on 4.5 and without trimming your flares
Old 02-11-2010, 11:00 AM
JK Newbie

I'd go with 4.5 if you want to run 37's
Lots of work and expense in a 6"
Plus I rather have a full functional suspension with the lowest center of gravity as possible. Roll overs are a real buzz kill

Last edited by Jason A W; 02-11-2010 at 11:05 AM.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:33 AM
JK Freak

i have bds and love them i got the 4.5 inch kit with 35s here are a few pics. also if u want 6 inch then go with bds or teraflex top 2 comapanys i think for jeeps

Quick Reply: which 6" lift should i go with?