Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

6" backspacing

Old 09-06-2008, 08:31 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeeperjkj
It's all good. Like I said, I've got nothing to do now 'cept read, learn, and plan. The chances of me buyin' a JK and goin' straight to 42's is slim to none, but it's nice to dream.

I do wish I could get my JK now, but being that I'm stuck in Guam for who knows how much longer and the JK would cost me roughly $4k more here for the same thing I can get Stateside (not counting the fact that I can find... and already have found... a better deal than that even on a used JK), there's no sense in me buying one here.

In case you haven't read it here before... Guam sucks. It's a nice place to visit, but I definitely wouldn't want to live here for more than a few years. I've been here 3+ years now and I'm dyin' to leave. Even moreso because my JK plans are on hold, too, until I get off this rock.
I hear ya. It would be stupid to spend $4K more for a Jeep there.

If you've got some savings to live off for a while, come back to the states and start up your own business or something. The great thing about capitalism is that anyone can be successful--the system doesn't discriminate. My somewhat redneck uncle recently got into the hotel business in southeastern Utah and he's doing very well for himself. Plus he's about 30 minutes from some of the best 4-wheeling on earth.

Can you request to be restationed elsewhere?
Old 09-06-2008, 08:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh, yeah, I'm waitin' on that.

Was supposed to be outta here in July, but I'm stuck on Medical Hold while AFPC (AF Personnel) decides whether they want to (try to) discharge or retire me. I ain't goin' w/o a fight. I'd hate to throw away 13 years of my life at this point.

Long story, though.

I just can't wait to get back and I hope that I can continue on with the AF. I'm just playin' the waiting game now.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

LOL - hey - you never mentioned the section width, only diameters, and the "std default width" when people only talk in diameter is 12.5"...which will fit on the stock rims...if need be.

Hey - its called "Wish Book Engineering"

Stuck somewhere, with nothing to do but dream about what to do to the new jeep once its possible.

Nothing wrong with that...no need to rain on his parade/pop his bubble with practical tips on gas mileage or the few grand every 15k miles to replace the tires, etc.

Now is the time to toy with portal axles, 42's, and large breasts, etc.

When the Guam to home flight hits the runway...that's more along the time of when the dream becomes solidified into a realistic (Wife won't kill him) plan.

Last edited by TEEJ; 09-06-2008 at 09:37 PM.

Quick Reply: 6" backspacing