Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

6.4 hemi install kit

Old 05-21-2013, 12:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 6.4 from AEV. I haven't had any problems with it besides a ruptured power steering line which was covered under warranty. AEV apparently had a bad line of hoses, as others who did their conversion about the same time as me had the same problem. Only thing I wish I could change is being able to fit a York compressor under the hood. I've seen it done with the 5.7, but there seems to be no room with the 6.4.

I know a guy that did the bor hemi, and he couldn't get his to pass emissions. Mine passed no problem, so I'm not sure what happened their. I think he said his O2 sensors weren't reading when emissions plugged into their electronic tool to the OBD port. He said he had to send it back to bor to get it fixed, so I suspect that wasn't the only problem...
Old 05-22-2013, 07:48 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Schantin
Stock, the 5.3L is rated at 315/325 (or something near that....). Mine will be closer to 330/350 at the crank, as it will be running a CAI and Flowmaster 50 series dual exhaust.

I picked the 5.3 over the 6.2 (or now offered 6.0) because the 5.3L is the only engine offered which will run on 87 octane. The engine I'm opting for (LC9 with VVT and Displacement on Demand) should net me the same fuel mileage as the current 3.8. In addition, the LC9 is aluminum, so weight on the front end should not increase.... or not by much.

In short, I decided to sacrifice some power for economy. The jump from 202HP to 300+ will be very dramatic and should keep me happy for some time. If and when I get "bored", I'll throw a cam and ported heads in it to liven things up
Will this motech conversion meet the new CARB mandate, it would be nice if it did !

Quick Reply: 6.4 hemi install kit