Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

6.2L LT and 8L90E using Motech

Old 10-27-2020, 05:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The solid traction control light (ESP) is the only thing on my dash now. The cruise indicator will turn on but it won’t set. There are no codes being thrown and the ABS was scanned and had no sensors showing up as the issue. The tub has been off my Jeep 4 times for various issues while in the the shop for the swap. My builder is spending way too much time on something we both think may be an issue with the motech piece. FYI mine is a 2012, and I have the 10L80 behind my L86.

Last edited by RedRockJK; 10-28-2020 at 09:12 AM.
Old 10-27-2020, 07:54 PM
JK Newbie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RedRockJK
The solid traction control light is the only thing on my dash now. The cruise indicator will turn on but it won’t set. There are no codes being thrown and the ABS was scanned and had no sensors showing up as the issue. The tub has been off my Jeep 4 times for various issues while in the the shop for the swap. My builder is spending way too much time on something we both think may be an issue with the motech piece. FYI mine is a 2012, and I have the 10L80 behind my L86.
This has me very interested as I have the same issues with this build. The cruise indicator comes on when you hit "On" but will not set, and it worked before. I also have a solid traction control light. I deleted all codes using HP Tuners from the Jeep side as well as the 2 specific ones I was told to make sure to delete (I can't remember the exact ones but code find out) but still these issues. I have spent a long time trying to figure out the cruise issue with no result other than also thinking it is a programming issue.
The following users liked this post:
RedRockJK (10-28-2020)
Old 10-28-2020, 05:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Aidan7777
This has me very interested as I have the same issues with this build. The cruise indicator comes on when you hit "On" but will not set, and it worked before. I also have a solid traction control light. I deleted all codes using HP Tuners from the Jeep side as well as the 2 specific ones I was told to make sure to delete (I can't remember the exact ones but code find out) but still these issues. I have spent a long time trying to figure out the cruise issue with no result other than also thinking it is a programming issue.
I'll let you know when it gets resolved!
Old 10-28-2020, 09:53 AM
Super Moderator

Received 476 Likes on 427 Posts

Focusing on the Cruise (for LT not sure about LS here) - you need to have;
  1. properly functioning ABS,
  2. power to the Jeep side of the cruise,
  3. power on the Jeep side through the brake light switch
  4. I believe the crash sensors mounted behind the headlights need to be in place and functioning.
  5. Robbie should have given you a cruise control unit specially wired for the Mocan module and goes between the throttle plug and back to ECU.
  6. Also there is a code U0104 cruise code needs to be verified as on and clear of Error in the Chev side
  7. On the Jeep side the Cruise should be hardwired under the COMM tab when viewing on HPT
  8. The Mocan module has dip switch settings that have to be correct.
  9. If I can remember I will scan and post the Jeep wiring diagram tonight.

Transmission 8L90; (to make tap shift function properly)
  1. Turn off completely in GM side code U0121 so it does not report or monitor
  2. Turn off completely in GM side code U0140 so it does not report or monitor
  3. Do not play with tap shift in tranny, do not play with any tranny stuff as it will come unglued. Only thing to play with to increase or decrease shift harshness is to make the gear ratio for engine and transmission to a taller gear like 3.21 or 3.08 for softer and go other way for harder shift. I went to 4.10 and at 70mph if I touched the throttle it just kicked down and screamed so be careful.
Old Jeep ECU
  1. Turn off all engine codes in both columns.
You may be already on top of this but these are the things that I have done to make the combo feel like it came from the factory. Let me know how you fare.

Last edited by Sixty4x4; 10-28-2020 at 09:58 AM.
RedRockJK (10-28-2020)
Old 10-28-2020, 11:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Thanks for the reply that is all GREAT info. I passed it on to my builder.
Old 10-28-2020, 05:33 PM
Super Moderator

I could not find the cruise diagram so must be out in the shed. Am trying to build a manual to document all the changes so the diagram is around somewhere. Will get to it manana.
RedRockJK (10-29-2020)
Old 11-03-2020, 02:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Sixty4x4
I could not find the cruise diagram so must be out in the shed. Am trying to build a manual to document all the changes so the diagram is around somewhere. Will get to it manana.
Any luck finding it?
Old 11-03-2020, 07:22 PM
Super Moderator

PLease see attached pdf.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Cruise Control.pdf (666.9 KB, 90 views)
RedRockJK (11-05-2020)
Old 11-12-2020, 04:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Sixty4x4 would you mind looking at my files if I send them to you and see if you see anything obvious?

I brought the Jeep home today still with no cruise but I have my own HP tuners. FYI I found that the speedometer is way off from what the GM speed shows. Like 20+ MPH off at 70MPH. I also have a P057C - Brake Pedal Position Sensor Circuit Low (Permanent) on the GM side, and I noticed the ambient air temp is -40deg F

Old 11-24-2020, 11:43 AM
JK Newbie

It's great to see that V8 swaps in Jeeps alive and kicking! Here's an '84 CJ-7 with a 350 Chevy swap I used to own (and still miss terribly!). This is before the 33x12.50s and 2 1/2" lift.

Quick Reply: 6.2L LT and 8L90E using Motech