Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

5X5 to 5X4.5 wheel adapters?

Old 09-10-2010, 06:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5X5 to 5X4.5 wheel adapters?

Does anyone have any experience with using a wheel adapter that will convert my 5X5 JK bolt pattern to a TJ’s 5X4.5 bolt pattern? I found a pretty good deal on some tires/wheels but they are from a TJ. Are there any problems I may have with running these adapters?
The setup will already be kind of wide at 305/70R/16, will the additional 1.25” put any stress on the hub/axle assembly?

Also, anyone running a tire this size with no lift? I plan on putting either a BB or a leveling kit on in the spring, but I would like to mount up these now if I pull the trigger.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:21 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My suggestion would be to get the 1.5 spacers. If u get 1.25 you'll have to grind 1/4 in off your stock studs to get the 5x4.5 rims to to sit flush unless they have recesses that provide room for the stock studs to sit into. Which is highly doubtful given the bolt pattern. I did the opposite and got adapters for my wife's TJ and converted to 5x5, no issues

Quick Reply: 5X5 to 5X4.5 wheel adapters?