Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

5x127 to 5x150 adapter

Old 09-27-2011, 12:05 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5x127 to 5x150 adapter

I was wondering if anyone has done this. I just found these adapters that change the bolt pattern from the 127 to 150. Is this a safe thing to do or would it cause any issues? Reason I'm thinking about this is because every wheel I find that I like is on back order and I'm tired of the waiting game. I've found the wheels I like in a different bolt pattern so I'm thinking why not just switch it and get those wheels.
Old 06-10-2014, 01:39 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by silverghostly
I was wondering if anyone has done this. I just found these adapters that change the bolt pattern from the 127 to 150. Is this a safe thing to do or would it cause any issues? Reason I'm thinking about this is because every wheel I find that I like is on back order and I'm tired of the waiting game. I've found the wheels I like in a different bolt pattern so I'm thinking why not just switch it and get those wheels.

Hey Silverghostly,

Your thread is a few years old but I was wondering if you put your 150 adapter on to modify your 127's? I have 2008 JK with 5x127, but I need a replacement wheel that has been discontinued. I can only find it in a 18x19, 5x150. Trust me, I've tried every know web search known to man trying to track down a wheel. Ultra Goliath, 18x9 5x127 chrome.

Did it work or any thoughts on not doing it?

Thanks..
Shane
Old 06-10-2014, 02:42 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Wheel spacers / wheel adapters are not a problem, if they are decent quality, and if the hardware is decent quality, and if they are installed correctly and maintained.

But you only need one? The adapter will be about 1.5" thick (+/-), so you will have to do some calculating to see how far in or out that one tire will sit. (the backspace on the current rims vs the backspace on the new rim + the thickness of the adapter.

Quick Reply: 5x127 to 5x150 adapter