Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

50 " light bar and soft top

Old 09-19-2014, 05:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have seen lots of threads discussing the whistling noise of light bars mounted on the windsheild and people solving it with stripping along the fins. However, I can't seem to find any info on stopping wind noise/buffeting when used with a soft top.

I figure someone must have figured this out no ?
Old 09-19-2014, 05:30 AM
-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Relevance

Not sure this would help with your issue.. and we don't have a light bar.. but we did have the fluttering/buffeting in the bikini top.. I just cut a few strands of those exercise pads folded them over and shoved them between the soundbar and soft top.. raises this area up off the sound bar about 4'' or so.. restitched the cinch straps and haven't had an issue since..
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-w...2/#post3983520
Old 09-19-2014, 06:54 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just found a post where someone claimed they fixed the issue by lowering the top of the light bar level with the top of the windsheild frame. I guess this is going to be my next step

Last edited by Crippler; 09-19-2014 at 09:37 AM.
Old 09-19-2014, 07:06 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pointing the lightbar down makes it a bit better, but still pretty much intolerable. My windows have to be down all the time in order for it to not drive me crazy. I am probably putting my hard top back on this week because it's getting too cold to have the windows open all the time.

Quick Reply: 50 " light bar and soft top