Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

50" LED Soft Top Issues

Old 08-09-2013, 11:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by theolno1
i have no issues with mine - sr-series, fins up.

no whistle, no above normal flapping with the soft top.

Mines a double stack.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also have the SR, makes me wonder if that's your problem
Old 08-11-2013, 05:29 PM
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Muneblade

Just ordered one. We'll see how it goes. If i can't figure this out, I'll have a 50" light bar with PS aluminum brackets for sale cheap! =)
So did it work? If it does I get credit for the idea lol!
Old 08-11-2013, 05:36 PM
JK Freak

DIBS!!!
Old 05-27-2015, 09:19 AM
JK Newbie

Default Jeep Soft Top Flapping With Light Bar Fixed!!!!

OK guys after installing the 50 inch light bar with the poison spyder brackets i also experienced my soft top flapping extremely bad. Tried the whole running the fan wide open idea and it work to a point. So i had to come up with something different. Ok from what i found out was the light bar was to close to the windshield and it was causing alot of turbulence through the gap. Solution to this was a bracket I drawn up and had cut out to move the light bar forward about 2 inches. This complete fixed the problem! No more soft top flapping and no more having to run the fan wide open! So if anybody is interested in having the bracket drawing sent to them just let me know! Below are some pics!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2043.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	612464   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2044.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	612465   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2045.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	612466  
Old 05-27-2015, 09:21 AM
JK Newbie

Default Fixed the flapping on mine!

Originally Posted by Muneblade
I installed a 50" LED across the top of my windshield using the aluminum Poison Spyder brackets. I finally got rid of the whistle...but the soft top now rumbles/rattles from all the wind coming up the windshield and under the 50". I can barely hold a conversation on the highway. Anyone experiencing this same issue?
Check out my reply for the fix!!!!
Old 05-27-2015, 09:35 AM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have zero whistle but I did have the top flap. What I found works perfect is to crack the front windows ever so slightly. Doesn't take much at all. Eliminates almost all the flap.
Old 05-27-2015, 01:27 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jbrady81
OK guys after installing the 50 inch light bar with the poison spyder brackets i also experienced my soft top flapping extremely bad. Tried the whole running the fan wide open idea and it work to a point. So i had to come up with something different. Ok from what i found out was the light bar was to close to the windshield and it was causing alot of turbulence through the gap. Solution to this was a bracket I drawn up and had cut out to move the light bar forward about 2 inches. This complete fixed the problem! No more soft top flapping and no more having to run the fan wide open! So if anybody is interested in having the bracket drawing sent to them just let me know! Below are some pics!
looks like an interesting solution. I don't have a 50 in, yet but am interested in the design. Could you send me the plans? Thanks.

Quick Reply: 50" LED Soft Top Issues