Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

5 point seatbelt harness

Old 12-25-2012, 01:16 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eumel789

How about anchoring the two top straps to the seat belt locks of the rear seat?
Even if you did that, the straps wouldn't be even with each other. A five point harness is definitely cool. But if you're going to invest in them, it would be wise to have them set up properly. Ya you can't recline your seats, it will cost you a few bucks, and you probably won't be doing 80 though a whoop section, you can rest assured that your safety, as well as the safety of your passenger isn't compromised by a short cut. When ever I build or work on something, it's safety first, performance, then looks. I would be devastated if something I built didn't keep someone safe.
Old 12-25-2012, 05:25 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LimpinLobster

Even if you did that, the straps wouldn't be even with each other. A five point harness is definitely cool. But if you're going to invest in them, it would be wise to have them set up properly. Ya you can't recline your seats, it will cost you a few bucks, and you probably won't be doing 80 though a whoop section, you can rest assured that your safety, as well as the safety of your passenger isn't compromised by a short cut. When ever I build or work on something, it's safety first, performance, then looks. I would be devastated if something I built didn't keep someone safe.
Agreed 100%. Exactly why I started this thread. Look how much knowledge is on this forum. Thank you all for your input. I've decided to scrap the idea(for now) until I do my cage.
Old 12-25-2012, 08:12 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenJK07

Agreed 100%. Exactly why I started this thread. Look how much knowledge is on this forum. Thank you all for your input. I've decided to scrap the idea(for now) until I do my cage.
Thanks man, I know their is a company that makes a tube that bolts to the B pillars for a harness. I think it's rugged ridge or river raider or something. Just FYI.

Quick Reply: 5 point seatbelt harness