Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

5 point harness installation??

Old 06-14-2010, 04:05 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put them in mine using the Rockhard bar. I also left the factory seat belts in. Stock for on road and 5 point for offroad.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by roketman
I put them in mine using the Rockhard bar. I also left the factory seat belts in. Stock for on road and 5 point for offroad.
Tell me everything about it. I'm super interested. How far back can you go? Is it annoying? How about for the back passengers? do you leave the seat belt clicked in so as to not flip a seat belt alarm? Worth it?
Old 06-15-2010, 07:17 AM
JK Freak

After talking with my friend, I decided not to put them in my Jeep. I'd have to leave the stock belts in and I don't do extreme offroading that would warrant me spending money to put bars in so I could use the free harnesses. My friend took 1 for his extreme Jeep juggy. I''m just going to sell the 2 other sets my landlord gave me.

Last edited by Christine; 06-15-2010 at 07:18 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-15-2010, 09:38 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used the Rockhard bar and attachments for a while then when I built a new cage I had the bar welded in............
As mentioned earlier, correct installation is a MUST if wearing 5 point harnesses.

Old 06-15-2010, 10:02 AM
JK Freak

Nice rig Brent!
Old 06-23-2010, 10:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by roketman
Yo seriously. Tell us more about this setup.

I want to get a cobreau 4 point...don't really know the difference between snap on and bolt on but anyways. How do these harnesses fasten down? Where do the waste straps hook into and how do you connect the shoulders to the harness bar?

Last edited by Arcticanalog; 06-23-2010 at 10:28 PM.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Is anyone out there running harnesses bolted into the back seat frame bolts??
Old 02-02-2011, 08:56 AM
JK Junkie

I'm looking at picking up that rockhard bar from Northridge. How does it work if you still have the stock seats? Where do you attach the lap belt and crotch belt (if using a 5 point as opposed to a 4 point)? Pictures of the setup would be a huge help.

Also, for those that have installed this, does rockhard include a template for drilling holes in the b-pillar?

I'll eventually get some aftermarket seats, but would like the extra restraint for when I'm wheeling with the doors/top off for now.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:09 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JPSquad
I would have to agree. 5pt harnesses or any harness mounting is not something to take lightly. The shoulder straps have to be at a certain height and mounted a specific way.
x2 on both of these, although many years ago, did some racing and the position of the upper harness was very important - I'm 99% sure you will need a rear bar to attach the shoulder harnesses to.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

This is what I've been debating putting in. Is it a hazzard for rear passengers in an impact? I know everyone should be wearing a seat belt, but is there a chance that a rear passenger would hit their head when the factory seat belts give a few inches prior to locking?

Quick Reply: 5 point harness installation??