Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

5 point harness installation??

Old 06-13-2010, 09:30 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5 point harness installation??

My landlord just gave me 2 sets of RCI 5 point racing harnesses, brand new. I want to put one of them in my Jeep but all instructions I found online, suck. How do I equipment my Jeep for these from scratch? Do I use existing seat mounts?
Old 06-13-2010, 03:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hey I'm trying to find a bunch of info on 5points also because i want them on my stock seats. I feel like if and when I flip...I'm gonna need more then just a seat belt. My friend has them on his 2004 and he just puts the end straps underneath the seat frame bolts (like the tuffy under seat drawer but the back seat bolts). I don't know what the safest thing to do is. Maybe one of those frame bar things like racers have? This is a jeep not a performance 2 seater so room is def an issue with that. Google it? Call the company that makes the harness and ask them if the seat bolts is a safe solution...you don't want those things giving away!

good luck let me know what you come up with and hit me up!
Old 06-13-2010, 05:02 PM
JK Freak

Having the harness bolted to the rearmost front seat bolts is never really a good thing. In a strong impact, the force of the driver/passenger going forward or upward can cause the spine to compress if being pulled downward by the harness attached to the seat bolts. Now, I am no JK owner yet, but this is coming from a few years of drag race experience. It is always best to have the harness attached to a harness bar located behind the seats.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:20 PM
JK Freak

Rock Hard makes a rear harness bar for the 5 point belts. It's on their website - rockhard4x4parts. com.

JD
Old 06-13-2010, 06:46 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 4fit?
Having the harness bolted to the rearmost front seat bolts is never really a good thing. In a strong impact, the force of the driver/passenger going forward or upward can cause the spine to compress if being pulled downward by the harness attached to the seat bolts. Now, I am no JK owner yet, but this is coming from a few years of drag race experience. It is always best to have the harness attached to a harness bar located behind the seats.
I would have to agree. 5pt harnesses or any harness mounting is not something to take lightly. The shoulder straps have to be at a certain height and mounted a specific way.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jd1066
Rock Hard makes a rear harness bar for the 5 point belts. It's on their website - rockhard4x4parts. com.

JD
they dont have one for jks though...
Old 06-14-2010, 09:16 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Arcticanalog
they dont have one for jks though...
If I'm correct, I think it's called JK Straight Across the Rear Bar 2-Door for $119.
A little welding and it should be easy. I have to talk with Glen (who's on this forum) cause I'm giving him the other set. I'll have to see how difficult it will be. If it's too much trouble, then I won't do it.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Christine
If I'm correct, I think it's called JK Straight Across the Rear Bar 2-Door for $119.
A little welding and it should be easy. I have to talk with Glen (who's on this forum) cause I'm giving him the other set. I'll have to see how difficult it will be. If it's too much trouble, then I won't do it.
I just found it if you google wrangler jk harness bar. It's indeed made by rockhard.

It looks pretty cool. I wonder if anyone on the forum has this set up. Although It's something to keep in mind that it says with your seat all the way back you can't really recline it and i'm 6'2..but it also serves as a grab bar for people in the back! I want one and some red coberau 4 points for the front. Red harness on a black jk would look sick. Who has one of these?! Cmon guys.
Old 06-14-2010, 01:09 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a straight bolt-in. There's no welding. You do have to trim the B pillar panels a bit though. You can put the seat back somewhat with the seat pushed back, just not all the way.
Old 06-14-2010, 01:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default 5 point harness installation??

Originally Posted by Arcticanalog

I just found it if you google wrangler jk harness bar. It's indeed made by rockhard.

It looks pretty cool. I wonder if anyone on the forum has this set up. Although It's something to keep in mind that it says with your seat all the way back you can't really recline it and i'm 6'2..but it also serves as a grab bar for people in the back! I want one and some red coberau 4 points for the front. Red harness on a black jk would look sick. Who has one of these?! Cmon guys.
I have corbeau seats and plan on this at some point when I run 5 points

Quick Reply: 5 point harness installation??