Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

5 directional tire rotation

Old 02-24-2014, 04:10 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4W-Jive
Right. What's your thoughts on post #2 and #3? That way I'm only flipping one tire.
The conventional 5 tire rotation would be ok but swapping the one tire backwards doesn't seem like the right answer. It could absolutely be done and would work. There are guys here locally who buy tires because they look good and then have Joe on the corner rotate their tires then run around with two backwards until their next rotation.

What really sucks about your situation is that you'll want to make sure you rotate those every 3k on the nose, so whatever you choose to do will happen often. I left the claws too long in one spot and ended up letting them live at each corner.
Old 02-24-2014, 05:12 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your only other option is to rotate the four and keep the spare as a spare. I like directional tires, but this is about the only draw back.
Old 02-24-2014, 05:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by karls

The conventional 5 tire rotation would be ok but swapping the one tire backwards doesn't seem like the right answer.
Good thing that's not the conventional 5 tire rotation cuz you're right, flipping one tire wouldn't do anything in that case.
Old 02-24-2014, 05:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Jeepstin12
Your only other option is to rotate the four and keep the spare as a spare. I like directional tires, but this is about the only draw back.
No it's not the only option. I could also run them backwards every other rotation, or have them all flipped on the wheels (which wouldn't be difficult for me to manage).
There doesn't seem to be as much first hand knowledge on this as i had hoped. Ill manage.
Old 02-28-2014, 03:42 PM
JK Junkie

Well no crap. If it isn't an issue to run them backwards, then why even run the thread?

Last edited by Jeepstin12; 03-01-2014 at 12:17 PM.
Old 03-01-2014, 10:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have been running Baja Claws for 20k or so miles and rotate at 3k. I have been using a clockwise rotation including the spare. The tire shop gave me free lifetime rotation so I use it often. They have to remount two tire each time but it costs under $10. The have to remount the spare when it goes to Drivers rear and the passenger front when it moves from drivers front. I have not observed any uneven wear and have pretty good tread life left. My two cents.

Quick Reply: 5 directional tire rotation