Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

5.67 Gears?

Old 02-21-2011, 03:35 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GCM 2
Throw in an Atlas Rubicrawler and your problem may be solved, you get the added gear reduction when you want/need it and you get the option of doing it in 4 or 2 wheel drive. I have Pro Rock 60's with 5.38:1 gears, it's as tall (or low of gearing) as Dynatrac sells with the Pro Rocks so I would think that's all you can go for. Around town/hwy running 40"s, the 5.38's are fine, but on a few trails with steep sections, the stock trans and engine seem to be working harder than I would like them too. I'm going to do, at a minimum, the Rubicrawler addition or maybe just an Atlas T-case. If this isn't the route you like, you need to look at Ford 9" or a Corporate 14 bolt, for the taller than 5.38:1 selection. Currie Axles makes a Ford style 9" that is (I think????) compatible with the JK. The Corporate 14 bolt, well you are looking at custom builder territory there, but anything is doable.
well the guy doesnt seem to be concerned about offroad, he wants to go fast on the road, well 75 atleast and he feels 5.38 is not good enough.

I think it is Currie that makes the 9" for the JK which would probably be better than a D60 any ways for the weight factor. I believe about 70 lbs less for the 9". over all, most people will not see justification for the expense to run a 9", a D60 and 5.67, or the 14 bolt just so they can run 75mph or higher, but hey, it's his money, lets build him new diffs and tranny.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:49 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Content deleted

Last edited by MOPWR2U; 03-16-2011 at 09:22 AM.

Quick Reply: 5.67 Gears?