Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

5.5 deg of caster to much?

Old 03-31-2013, 04:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kojack
Don't need them, I'm never going any higher than what I am now.
You sure? I did some wheeling up in NF not that long ago and there's quite a bit of trail available there. If you spend an extra amount now, you just will never have to spend it again, why not?
Old 03-31-2013, 04:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kojack
I am trying to figure out my caster, i am looking at getting a set of fixed length synergy LCA. they will net me about 5.5 deg of caster with my leveling kit, would that be too much?
Since there's a trade off between pinion angle and caster, you may get driveline vibrations with 5.5 or you may not. You won't know until your control arms are installed and you drive the jeep. For this reason, I'd recommend getting adjustable control arms. That way you can dial in the caster and adjust as needed.
Old 03-31-2013, 04:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm running 6 deg caster. PR44, also Coast drive shafts, adjustable control arms. Spending money on fixed control arms is a waste. You may not want to change your height but you'll have spring sag and no way to compensate for that. You have fixed length stock, why spend money on some more.

Quick Reply: 5.5 deg of caster to much?