Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

5.13's Explode

Old 07-31-2010, 08:52 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sixgun
I'm not ever a hardcore wheeler (anymore) I've used the lockers out in Moab on the slick rock(tip over) I never punched it, always slow and smooth. I am not perfect either . The Man fixed my up and I will got to him again. We are still trying to figure this thing out.

After The gears were done in March, we went to Moab. After doing Hells revenge we got off the trail and I had a knocking 14 to 25 mph in the front axle. It went away at 26 27mph and never came back. I called him back then and reported it and he said don't worry about it. In 30 years of doing gear replacement only the 2nd time it happened, SO new protocal will be to inspect if it happens again.
Hmmm, seems like that sound may have been a tooth knocked off then the magnet caught it or it got lodged somewhere unimportant. Anytime you have a strange axle noise it's best to inspect all areas asap. Outside and inside .At least drain the fluid and see if any bits fall out. Guess you know that now though.
Old 07-31-2010, 09:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats a strange deal

Quick Reply: 5.13's Explode