Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

5:13's / 37's / Automatic

Old 01-01-2012, 07:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fadeout
I run this and it's perfect for me. Jeep still moves quicker than you'd think it would. Really great set up imo.
Sorry i ment to post it
Old 01-01-2012, 07:34 PM
JK Junkie

I went 5.13 because I knew I'd be doing 37's. I love it with 35's but it will still be good for 37's I think

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=48.427091,-114.346980
Sent from my iPhone 4s using Verizon 3G
Old 01-01-2012, 08:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for all the input. Keep em coming. Its not a designated driver. It runs good now just don't want to turn it into a turd. It is a jeep I don't expect it to burn the tires.
Old 01-01-2012, 08:44 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Danny4652
Thanks for all the input. Keep em coming. Its not a designated driver. It runs good now just don't want to turn it into a turd. It is a jeep I don't expect it to burn the tires.
You will be fine then.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=48.426746,-114.347184
Sent from my iPhone 4s using Verizon 3G
Old 01-01-2012, 08:47 PM
JK Junkie

you'll be surprised by how much a regear can do for a pre 12' Jeep.
Old 01-02-2012, 03:11 AM
JK Junkie

Anyone running this combination? How is it for power or drivability? Looking to go from 35's to 37's.
Being somewhat familiar with your local highway roller coaster ride, best to drop your cruise speed by 5mph so you don't hit as many downshifts. Not that I would hesitate to do it, but you'll definitely be on the fringe of having enough power to maintain speed.

Also, I see you have a Flashpaq and with the transmission package option, you should be able to dial things in a bit better. Driving down 68/40 can be a beautiful leisurely drive but it will sniff out in a heartbeat if you don't have enough gear.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

My specs: 2 door auto, 5.13s, 37 KM2s, Superchips, LOVE IT.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JPop

Being somewhat familiar with your local highway roller coaster ride, best to drop your cruise speed by 5mph so you don't hit as many downshifts. Not that I would hesitate to do it, but you'll definitely be on the fringe of having enough power to maintain speed.

Also, I see you have a Flashpaq and with the transmission package option, you should be able to dial things in a bit better. Driving down 68/40 can be a beautiful leisurely drive but it will sniff out in a heartbeat if you don't have enough gear.
Thanks,

I haven't messed with any of the transmission settings with the Flashpaq. Do you have any suggestions on settings, or is it something I just have to experiment with?
Old 01-02-2012, 06:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JPop

The area you mentioned is my concern. As I said before its not my daily driver but we do go to Deep Creek Lake several times a year. The rest of it is around town and rural roads. I wouldn't think the wheeling aspect of it would be affected. Do you?
Old 01-02-2012, 06:25 AM
JK Junkie

Thanks,

I haven't messed with any of the transmission settings with the Flashpaq. Do you have any suggestions on settings, or is it something I just have to experiment with?
Unfortunately I don't as my JK is an automatic. I have the package on Dodge Ram and it's been great. I can get it to immediately kick down when I need the extra power and up shift at points where the engine doesn't lug when it hits the higher gear. Plenty of people sharing shift schedules on that platform, but not here where in my opinion it's a lot more necessary with an under powered vehicle.

Quick Reply: 5:13's / 37's / Automatic