Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

For the 5.13 up-grade Yukon or Superior?

Old 04-08-2008, 05:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up For the 5.13 up-grade Yukon or Superior?

Hi,
5.13 Ring and Pinion
I know what they are and where they (the ring and pinion) are located but is there a difference between the two companies?

Any information is appreciated
Old 04-09-2008, 04:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Same gear from the same place.

It has been talked about on here several times if you feel like searching for more info.
Old 04-09-2008, 05:33 AM
JK Freak

both are outsourced from china i believe and from what i have heard yukon bought some from superior because superior had a one year contract with the manufacturer which is about to expire.
Old 04-09-2008, 05:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Those gears do not come from China as hardly any of the gears major manufactures sell do. Most likely India or Korea, either of which is better than China.

Just buy your gears from a reputable shop and you won't have any problems. I would stay away from the big box wholesalers like 4WParts, and get them from someone who knows what there talking about. There are many good vendors out there that will help you out.
Old 04-09-2008, 05:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Those gears do not come from China as hardly any of the gears major manufactures sell do. Most likely India or Korea, either of which is better than China.

Just buy your gears from a reputable shop and you won't have any problems. I would stay away from the big box wholesalers like 4WParts, and get them from someone who knows what their talking about. There are many good vendors out there that will help you out.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:20 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jeepguru

Just buy your gears from a reputable shop and you won't have any problems. I would stay away from the big box wholesalers like 4WParts, and get them from someone who knows what their talking about. There are many good vendors out there that will help you out.
Damn i thought you told me china. Oh well

Quick Reply: For the 5.13 up-grade Yukon or Superior?