Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

5.13 Gears, Problems...or All Good?

Old 02-08-2009, 05:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AZJeeper
See you have 5:13 gears and 37" tires - in a Dana 30?
There are the factory dana 44's that come with the Rubicon. I was going about 50 mph on the freeway (very foggy) and the rear just snapped in half. I wonder how good Superior's warrenty is.

Last edited by SRJK; 02-08-2009 at 05:52 PM.
Old 02-08-2009, 05:56 PM
JK Newbie

just got back from Colorado. At 8000-9000 ft altitude and driving up a slight incline, I could not keep highway speeds with 5:13, 35s, automatic and a CAI. RPMs at 5000 and top speed of 50. The longer the incline the more the jeep would slow down. At one point the pedal was all the way down and the jeep would only go 35mph. I know jeeps are not made for speed but it is not cool when every other vehicle on the road is passing with no problem. I was worried that I might not make it to my destination. I took it to a jeep dealership and they said the problem was the altitude and gear ratio.
Old 02-08-2009, 06:06 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SRJK
There are the factory dana 44's that come with the Rubicon. I was going about 50 mph on the freeway (very foggy) and the rear just snapped in half. I wonder how good Superior's warrenty is.
Good Luck, I am curious if they will warranty it. All I found on their site about warranty is that they have the longest in the business, what ever that means.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Superior has a 2 year warrenty. But they have to have the old gears and then they will say if they are covered under warrenty or not. It will take 1 to 3 weeks before I will know if I'm covered.

Quick Reply: 5.13 Gears, Problems...or All Good?