Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

5.13 gear noise

Old 10-14-2007, 09:39 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They could not fix the problem, they had my Jeep for 8 days and now the noise is worse! Refund time. I will take it to Off Road Evolution, hopefully they will be able to fix it.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:03 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by remjeep
They could not fix the problem, they had my Jeep for 8 days and now the noise is worse! Refund time. I will take it to Off Road Evolution, hopefully they will be able to fix it.
I know this is a very old post, but what was the resolution? Did the noise go away? Did you get the refund?

I just got my gears done by OC Motorsports in SoCal (costa mesa)

I am having a similar issue with the noise. they say, "that is normal". I told them BS!
Old 11-14-2011, 03:57 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by stendermac
I know this is a very old post, but what was the resolution? Did the noise go away? Did you get the refund?

I just got my gears done by OC Motorsports in SoCal (costa mesa)

I am having a similar issue with the noise. they say, "that is normal". I told them BS!

I am also having this problem with my new 5:13 gears... Did you get it resolved?

Thanks
Old 11-14-2011, 04:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had 5:13 ratio gears installed also. Classic City Off Road in Athens Ga. did the install using Yukon gear sets and complete install kits. Put about 10,000 miles on them so far no problems at all. Also used Yukon chromemolly axel shafts.

Quick Reply: 5.13 gear noise