Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

4WD Parts Not So Cool

Old 08-13-2011, 08:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice lookin Jeep. I see you are running the ARB front bumper with some Bushwacker flat fenders. Could you post a picture from the front and side? I was thining about doing the same setup but was unsure how it would turn out. Thanks!
Old 08-14-2011, 01:32 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mgerken1
If you were running that biz, would you not have offered something in addition, knowing that your client just dropped 8K plus?
Sure. What exactly did they do for 8,000? Seems like they could at least throw in some rock rails for your trouble
Old 08-14-2011, 04:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mgerken1
So my JK, Tigger, got picked up from the shop last weekend with all the mods done....at least that is what I thought. Until I was driving home that very night. The sound of shotgun going off under your brand new left front tire, wheel, brake, etc is not fun. You know something is bad wrong. Barely could drive it. Went 15 mph the whole way home, took an hour to go 5 miles. But nobody got hurt thankfully and they owe me a new spare MT wheel.......but am floored that after having it for over a week they "forgot" to tighten my left front (top) brake caliper bolt. NOT COOL. VERY SCARY. And they offered me really nothing extra other than replacing my MT wheel for the now spare.

If you were running that biz, would you not have offered something in addition, knowing that your client just dropped 8K plus?

Never had a problem in the past but may be going elsewhere in the future.
I also found that they do not stand behind what they sell or do. The sales guy even lied just to not have to deal with the issue. Luckily in my case it was just an accessory that did not impact safety and I resolved directly with the manufacturer, which was great. If after that I was already steering away from them now I'll even advise others to also stay away. By the way, this was the store at Lynnwood, WA. :-(

Last edited by Sahara_Maverick; 08-17-2011 at 08:30 PM.
Old 08-14-2011, 04:47 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to hear about your experience and glad no one was injured.

I have bought some parts from them but no way in hell are they wrenching on my Jeep! I have heard way too many horror stories!!
Old 08-14-2011, 05:35 AM
JK Super Freak

I just had 4wdParts, in charlotte, N.C. install my rear TruTrac just over a month ago. On my trip back home to S.C, and a half mile from home. I heard a pop, then a metal bumping sound as I applied brakes to stop and check it out. Well, the lower right rear caliper bolt was missing and the top was just barley holding it on. I did not call them on it, just figured they where in a rush, since they had to send out my TruTrac to drill out the ring gear bolt holes. I just got a new bolt from Jeep.

I was going to have them install my coast driveshafts, but I doubt it now. Will have to start looking for a new shop. Anyone know of any other good shops in the Charlotte, N.C area.

Last edited by GunDude; 08-14-2011 at 05:39 AM.
Old 08-14-2011, 06:14 AM
JK Super Freak

I am by no means a mechanic, nor do I consider myself "mechanically inclined", but I must say that I am enjoying doing my own mods and learning how to by doing everything myself. I have made a few minor mistakes but they are on me and I'm saving a ton by doing it myself.

Missed a washer over the bushing on front pass. side sock when installing lift. "Shotgun blast was heard". Easy fix. Live n learn.
Old 08-14-2011, 07:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Xman4602
I am by no means a mechanic, nor do I consider myself "mechanically inclined", but I must say that I am enjoying doing my own mods and learning how to by doing everything myself. I have made a few minor mistakes but they are on me and I'm saving a ton by doing it myself.

Missed a washer over the bushing on front pass. side sock when installing lift. "Shotgun blast was heard". Easy fix. Live n learn.
I agree! I install lift, frt/rear adj. track bars, centered the steering wheel, etc. by myself. Gears, I will not touch, and questioning the one concern I would have with doing the driveshafts is over/under torqing the pinion nut.
Old 08-14-2011, 08:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Agreed that's for a real mechanic. But bolt and unbolt stuff I'm all over.
Old 08-14-2011, 08:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Bunch of tossers here in Sacramento too. I'll never go back there. Too bad for them as our Jeep is pretty new so we just started building it.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:30 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Having problems with 4WD parts too. They don't seem to give a flying crap about customer service at all.
Wish I would have read up on them here first and saved myself the hassle of having to deal with them.

Never had any problems with Northridge at all.
4WD Parts seems to just blow me off and not follow up on what I thought would be a simple order.

Quick Reply: 4WD Parts Not So Cool