Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

4wd Low - Shifting Issue

Old 05-21-2021, 05:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4wd Low - Shifting Issue

Hey everyone,

New to the forum and couldn't find this topic in the search. I am having shifting issues while in 4wd low and was hoping someone could help.

While in 4wd low, the jeep will creep forward when I let off the brake. When I go to accelerate, it does not engage at first and takes a second or two before actually moving. RPM's get to around 2000 before shifting and jerks forward, then works like normal. Also has hard shifting on downshift during downhill obstacles.

This happens only while in 4 wheel low. 2wd and 4 wheel high have zero shifting issues. Anyone else experience this? I've taken it to a couple shops and they don't know what the issue is since it's only happening in 4 wheel low. They are guessing an electrical signal issue but they are not sure.

I have checked fluid levels (full) and programmed between stock and crawl mode with my programmer. No change. I recently got a G2 44 front axle installed, but have not had shifting issues for two trips prior. Went to Moab this week and shifting problems started. Hoping it's a simple fix that someone else has experience. Thank for the help!

- Justin

Jeep info: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JKU
- 3.8L Engine
- Automatic
- 37 inch Nitto Trail Grapplers
- G2 44 front axle
- Stock Dana 44 Rear (rubicon)
- Stock Transfer Case
- 5.13 gears
- Adam's Driveshafts
- Chromoly axle shafts
- 4 Inch Lift
- Front and Rear Antirock sway bars

Last edited by Swampthing 22; 05-21-2021 at 05:31 PM.

Quick Reply: 4wd Low - Shifting Issue