Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

4WD light

Old 02-24-2016, 04:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4WD light

This might not be the right spot for this topic and I'm sure its been discussed before, but ive been looking all over for more info. I was having issues with the 4wd light being on or either flickering while in 2wd. after some research and talk with dealer the issue was diagnosed as transfer case position switch being bad, well i replaced the switch and still am having the light. Curious if anyone has run into this same problem and found any further common issues, maybe connectors or grounds somewhere.. everything 4wd wise is working properly and i know alot of guys just deal with the light but it is bugging the hell out of me at the moment.
Old 02-24-2016, 06:16 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had the same issue for about a week after clutch replacement.

Turned out to be a loose connection with my shifter cable to the bracket it bolts up to. Had to adjust it towards the rear and haven't seen it since.
Old 02-25-2016, 01:22 PM
JK Newbie

Like the linkage at the transfer case itself had to be tighten?
Old 02-25-2016, 01:54 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Azahrad
Like the linkage at the transfer case itself had to be tighten?
There is an intermediate attachment bracket that the cable attaches to. It curves down, runs through the bracket, and goes back to the tcase.
Old 02-25-2016, 03:23 PM
JK Junkie

Should probably mention, I don't have a stock shifter setup. Advance adapters cable upgrade for a few years now.
Old 02-28-2016, 05:15 PM
JK Newbie

so the problem def appears electrical, guess ill have to let the dealer rob me and look it over, today i notice while the 4wd light was on in 2wd that my ambient outside temp gauge was about 20 degrees off, and the light went out and the temp counted down by 1 degree at a time back to correct temp, and it works vice versa also..i took a short video, not sure how to upload it from my phone

Quick Reply: 4WD light