Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

4wd.com WTF!!!!

Old 04-04-2013, 09:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's really a bummer that you're having this many problems with 4wd.com. I hope everything finally makes it your way tomorrow.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've ordered several parts from both Quadratec and 4wd.

4wd told me the Screamin Demon Livewires kit with yellow wires was on back order and expect them in 2 weeks. Ok, no problem. They had purple and black wires, no thanks. I waited for yellow wires to come in. They kept pushing back the shipping date. Took over 2 months to get them. It happens.

Last friday i called Quadratec to order AlloyUSA HD ball joints: out of stock.
Called 4wd, in stock, bought and paid for. Received 5 days later.

I won't slam either of these companies because i think negative issues can and will happen no matter what. What i will say for sure is do not ever ever ever special order a part from a dealership.

Took the dealership over 2 months to get my Mopar offroad bumper. Quadratec had 11 of them on the shelf the whole time!

They use a 'thing' or 'company' called PartsDirect. Dealer will give you a delivery date but partsdirect can keep back ordering for months and the dealership will have no explanation for you. And it's like pulling teeth to get the order cancelled.
Old 04-06-2013, 03:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

final update (4/6/2013)

We got the wheels and tire on, they came with the promised lug nuts (well all but the spare wheels). I think this transaction would have been so much better if 4wd.com would have just communicated with me and not told me 4 different delivery dates. Sorry 4wd.com... last time i will buy from you but at least you correctly mounted the tires (black out).

hope people read this and realize that a sales person can and does make or break a buying experience.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3632638096.jpg
Views:	503
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	443750

what it looks like now! super happy with my choice of wheel / tire!
Old 05-08-2013, 08:21 PM
JK Newbie

Default Think it's just the website

I ordered wheel/tires back in 2010 for my last Jeep from 4wd.com, along with a tuner and a few non-freight items. Overall, it went just fine, but unfortunately their website didn't, and still doesn't, properly list ship status or tracking numbers.

I just ordered wheels/tires for my new Jeep and had problems ordering on their site. I'm still waiting for my order to ship, after having been told that items were in stock that weren't, but overall the customer service has been very good when I've called. I've received follow up calls and emails to all of my requests. My hunch is that they're dealing with high volume (lots of new jeeps on the road, since I bought my last one), their website could use some updating, and a lot of the logistics are out of the sales people's hands.

I'll likely order from them again, since no one that I know of locally distributes off road parts, but you have to go into it knowing that it's your order, and you need to follow up to ask for updates on ship dates and tracking numbers. Don't be afraid to have them double check what you were told earlier in the day because it seems that they are working with several warehouses with inventory tracking that isn't real-time. Parts they told you were in stock on the phone may not actually be there.

Good luck!
Old 05-08-2013, 08:28 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 133 Likes on 119 Posts

After reading this, I just have to recommend Discount Tire Direct. I bought wheels and tires through them last year for the jeep and again just a few months ago for my car. Both orders were in full at my door, mounted and balanced with hardware and hub rings in just a few days. I can't say that I've ever dealt with a better company. Definitely give them a shot next time around.
Old 05-09-2013, 04:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JStab
Doing that while on deployment on the other side of the earth is tough, unfortunately when live chat is up I am not and vice versa. But thanks for making such an astute observation.
Why would you be ordering parts for your Jeep while you are on the other side of the earth?
No wonder your order gets f'd up. Not very astute thinking. Lol
Old 05-09-2013, 04:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Maybe i'm just a little pissy since i'm going into my 10th month of deployement. But why should we NOT be able to order parts while we are on the other side of the earth? Since we are stuck over here in "the Stan" we shouldn't be able to continue or start our Jeep addiction? Seems like you are having a very narrow minded opinion here. To be honest, you frankly sound like an idiot.

Originally Posted by Uneasy Rider
Why would you be ordering parts for your Jeep while you are on the other side of the earth?
No wonder your order gets f'd up. Not very astute thinking. Lol
Old 05-09-2013, 06:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ordered my wheels and tires and received them in two weeks. They told me it would take longer because one wheel had to be shipped from another state. I didn't mind since they informed me it would take a week longer. I shopped around a lot and 4wd had the best price on my tires/ wheel combo.I followed the delivery tracker and knew exactly when they would be shipped. The delivery company even called the weekend before to let me know when it would be there. Since shipping was free I decided to p/ u myself so they weren't sitting in a warehouse all weekend. No complaints here, it's unfortunate for your bad service but I'm sure it happens anywhere.

Sent from my bunker deep in enemy territory
Old 05-11-2013, 06:35 AM
MFX
JK Super Freak

90% of my Jeep mods have been purchased with Bryan over at 4WD I think their service is fantastic and he ALWAYS makes me a price that none of the other vendors come close to matching. Every order I placed is shipped within 24hrs and received within 3-4 days max. Sometimes things forget to get mentioned during the order process (lead times, backorders...) and who's to say it's not your fault for not asking all the neccessary questions before hand. Sounds to me that your venting over something that really isnt all that big of a deal to begin with

Last edited by MFX; 05-11-2013 at 06:37 AM.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

I love all the haters that tell you its your fault that people don't respond to your emails or inform you properly when you buy... Same goes for the guy on deployment not being "astute"...

Haters gonna hate!

Quick Reply: 4wd.com WTF!!!!