Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

4wd.com WTF!!!!

Old 04-02-2013, 06:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just curious what tires did you order? A couple of years ago a buddy of mine odered KM2's from 4wd (Bustabiz took the order) and Bryan had told him that they only had less than 10 in total stock and they would be shipping from different warehouses so he should expect multiple shipments. My buddy did not care because KM2's were sold out everywhere at that time so 4wd was the only place he could get them. I believe he actually had 3 shipments in total for 5 tires.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by janders82

You should try picking up the phone and calling. That will probably solve your issue
Doing that while on deployment on the other side of the earth is tough, unfortunately when live chat is up I am not and vice versa. But thanks for making such an astute observation.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

I order with 4wd, through bustabizz here on the forum. I have had nothing but great experiences. Contact bustabizz and I'm sure he will help you any way he can.

Good luck.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:52 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When a signature is required I have stuff sent to my work. However 5 entire wheels with tires would be somewhat difficult.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:59 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jadmt
I do that too but I live in low crime area that has good neighbors for all you know the OP lives in an area that is crime infested. I know some places they will not deliver without a signature.
Delivery Signature isn't based on the Location of receiving Delivery, That would be a stack of Law suits for Discrimination in many ways....LOL..
Required Signature is either the Shippers Decision either based on Choice or Value of Shipment or Buyer's Request.
There is a software program with a Survey of Bad or Good areas in a State for use in this Mannor.
I live in an Area where the Lowest Value on a Home is $1.3 Million and get shipments of high cost and no Signature Required and then have a Package with a Roll of $9 Aluminum Tape and it is returned 3 times to my Home to get a Signature to Deliver....LOL

Last edited by AtlJeepsTer; 04-02-2013 at 11:05 AM.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

update # 1 (4/2/13)

Well never heard from either the 3rd party delivery company or 4wd today about my supposed delivery tomorrow, so i called... My sales rep told me first that the order for my other 4 wheels and tires had been canceled by the wear house!?!?!? WHAT... I was pissed and i didn't hold back... Long story short apparently they are being shipped from a Different warehouse and now its not going to be here till Thur and not Wed which is what i was told... Good thing i didn't take the day off work to sign for them...

Even when you call 4wd they give you false unreliable info... I agree i should have went through bustbizz and i did contact him, he said the order was closed (which is awesome because i haven't even gotten the order yet) and that he couldn't do anything!

This is getting stupid...

and p.s. its funny because i specifically was told they had ALL the wheels and tire in stock and ready to ship over 2 weeks ago when i called to order them...
Old 04-02-2013, 07:07 PM
JK Newbie

Unfortunate to hear about your troubles. From what it appears to me, 4wd.com and 4wheelparts are *nearly* identical (and at least in my case, both use the same store). I've always gone through 4wheelparts and have never had an issue. They've price matched my tires (down to $303 from $327), held my wheels in the store for right around a month, and even called me to verify parts i had on order where the right components I needed (back when I ordered my lift kit, JKS discos, and Shocks).

I've only had them ship anything to me once, and received it all in the same day. Otherwise, I just the ship to store method. Saves me a lot of money when it comes to shipping (think of the size packaging needed to ship a 35" tire through UPS to a residential address). Quadratec has stuff I haven't found elsewhere, but their shipping quotes are outragous ($43 for ground shipping on a wire harness that costs $25.

Hope everything works out for you!
Old 04-02-2013, 07:36 PM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

When I ordered the wheels and tires for my dad's Tacoma 3 came and the 4 was 4 days away..... I couldn't understand why they all weren't on the same truck. I'm not a fan of 4wd. I like using 4wheelparts.com for everything, they're GREAT! & free shipping over 75 or 100 I forget which.... But I understand ur frustration.... U pay all that money and they can't even respond, but when ur calling to purchase something they'll answer real fast! It's like they screen their calls lol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-04-2013, 08:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Update #2 - 4/4/13

Well per both Matt at 4wd.com and there customer service i was suppose to get the tires and wheels today!

NOPE, just got a call from the delivery company and they said "we just received a skid of wheels and tires, we want to set up a time for them to be delivered tomorrow"!

what a joke 4wd.com, not only do they just tell you whatever they need to to get you off the phone bit they also have no clue what they are doing...

Just saying buyers beware, I will never ever order from this company again, and i will highly recommend that none of the jeepers in the club I'm in order from here either... its amazing how fast they are to get your money but how slow they are to help you with anything else!
Old 04-04-2013, 09:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jersey_Devil
When I ordered the wheels and tires for my dad's Tacoma 3 came and the 4 was 4 days away..... I couldn't understand why they all weren't on the same truck. I'm not a fan of 4wd. I like using 4wheelparts.com for everything, they're GREAT! & free shipping over 75 or 100 I forget which.... But I understand ur frustration.... U pay all that money and they can't even respond, but when ur calling to purchase something they'll answer real fast! It's like they screen their calls lol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 using Tapatalk 2
I do believe the 4wheelparts is sister company to 4wd.
Quadratec is parent company to AcmeJeepParts.

Quick Reply: 4wd.com WTF!!!!