Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

4wd.com WTF!!!!

Old 03-29-2013, 03:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4wd.com WTF!!!!

First off not sure where to post this so move is needed...

I decided to finally get new wheels and tires and had been recommended to 4wd.com by some members... 1st I was told by a sales rep that I would be getting free shipping, free mounting and balancing, and free lugs with my order. I was happy with the price, and ordered them. A week and a few days went by and I never got an update (i emailed the sales rep and didn't get a response back) , so yesterday, out of the blue, i get a call saying they will be delivered today (between 12&5 pm)!?!?! What, ok i took the day off, no big deal, well the guy just came to drop them off and its only 1 of the 5 tires? I called and amazingly (tried calling like 5 times troughtout this week) got ahold of the sales rep, who told me i wouldn't be get the other 4 till next wed!!!! WTF!

Now i have to take ANOTHER day off to get the other 4? So far 4wd.com has not been to impressive with customer service, owe and they already charged me for all 5 and didn't get any of the free things i was told on the phone!

Ill update when the other 4 come, but i cant believe they treat someone who just dropped 2k$ this way!
Old 03-29-2013, 04:36 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why do you need to take a day off? You can put wheels on a jeep in less than 30 minutes.
Old 03-29-2013, 04:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Signing for the shipment
Old 03-29-2013, 04:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

just have them drop off the wheels at your back porch or somewhere discrete; i've done it before and wasn't a problem. I would also ask them about your "free" items that you were suppose to get and have them send it. It is messed up that they didn't let you know that the delivery was for only 1 wheel. I would've been pissed and let them know about it.
Old 03-29-2013, 05:13 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by flytojungho
just have them drop off the wheels at your back porch or somewhere discrete; i've done it before and wasn't a problem. I would also ask them about your "free" items that you were suppose to get and have them send it. It is messed up that they didn't let you know that the delivery was for only 1 wheel. I would've been pissed and let them know about it.
I do that too but I live in low crime area that has good neighbors for all you know the OP lives in an area that is crime infested. I know some places they will not deliver without a signature.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

i tried, the guy said they MUST have a signed copy to drop them off... and the free stuff i did ask about, they wont respond to any e-mails... when i called today, which like i said was attempt number 4-5 this week, i had the delivery guy waiting so i couldn't really talk to much!
Old 03-29-2013, 06:25 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered from someone else but I fly all over the globe and was out of town during my delivery. I had them freighted to a friends business.

As the saying goes, when there's a will, there's a way.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

I ordered a tire/wheel combo from them and they arrived not mounted/balanced as they should have. I called and they authorized me to have it done locally and send the bill. They refunded me promptly. Have also ordered other big $ items and received good service. I forget the name if the sales guy to ask for, but search for his name and give him a call...
Old 03-29-2013, 07:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by vonsidhe
i tried, the guy said they MUST have a signed copy to drop them off... and the free stuff i did ask about, they wont respond to any e-mails... when i called today, which like i said was attempt number 4-5 this week, i had the delivery guy waiting so i couldn't really talk to much!
see if you can go to the shipping hub to pick up after hours....
Old 03-29-2013, 07:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

All of these ideas would work but it's the fact that I'm working harder for something I paid for that who i ordered from... And most of these ideas are good if I could even get a call back. Like i said, i have emailed and called (left a message) with the sales rep... The problem is that 4wd.com has a dedicated sales rep for each order, so i cant just talk to anyone... Owe and FYI per 4wd.com if you are not home to take delivery you will be charged again to redeliver... Had i know it was going to be this much BS i would have just gone down to the 4wheelparts store in INDY... I guess what I'm complaining about is that 1. When you say you will do something, do it, and 2. Return calls / emails. I work in customer service and when one of my clients calls, even when i don't want to deal with them, i still call back, because one thing more frustraiting than poor service is non responsive service... Should have just gone through bustabizz on jk forum, instead i got some dude named matt, who sucks at service side... At least he knows his shit when it comes to jeeps, from what i could tell!

Last edited by vonsidhe; 03-29-2013 at 07:27 PM.

Quick Reply: 4wd.com WTF!!!!