Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

4wd.com scam buyer beware!!!!!!

Old 03-27-2013, 09:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dana 44 JK 5.13 Ring And Pinion Set
Part #G/22-2052-513
Buy Now: Ends in 4 Days Call-In Special! Free G2 Differential Cover w/Purchase of Select G2 Products

Mind you not all G2 products have this “red” writing under it, and some have “Qualifies for Free Shipping” only. This negates that this particular item qualifies.

THIS IS A SCAM...MAKES YOU THINK IF YOU BUY A RING AND PINION SET YOU GET A FREE DIFF COVER. BUT IT’S A LIE. AS SOON AS YOU CALL IN THEY CHANGE IT UP AND YOU MUST SPEND OVER $800 DOLLARS. TALKED TO THE SUPERVISOR AND WAS NOT HELPFUL AT ALL. THIS IS ILLEGAL AND WHAT MANY SMALL RETAILERS GO TO JAIL FOR. BAIT YOU IN THEN SWITCH IT UP. WE ALL REMEMBER CRAZY EDDIE. SO UNACCEPTABLE I AM NOT SHOPPING WITH THEM ANYMORE. SO SAD TOO BECAUSE I WAS GOING ON A "LOVE MY BONUS" SHOPPING SPREE. QUADRATEC ANYONE?

Last edited by jeepjkgrrl; 03-28-2013 at 05:42 AM.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bait-and-switch , fine print scams cost far more to the perpetrator ,especially when exposed . I have bought many items from Quadratec over the years , they have been excellent , do not resort to such nonsense.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:33 AM
JK Newbie

4wd and 4wheelparts have the worst advertising campaigns. If you can read between the garbage they sometimes have good deals. "Up to 20% storewide on select products" what does that even mean?
Old 03-27-2013, 11:39 AM
JK Newbie

Might just be that particular store, I have dealt with the 4WheelParts in Memphis TN and they bent over backwards to make sure I was happy with my purchase even matching the lower price I found on a competitors website.
Hopefully you find a supplier that makes you comfortable.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

G2 covers are not good covers for a Jeep unless you have rock-jock type housings. They are aluminum and dont hold up any better than the stock covers when it comes to the abrasion and impacts a normal Jeep differential is subjected too. So your probably better off anyways.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:48 PM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Quadratec anyway. Forum members get free shipping regardless of amount spent.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:03 PM
Former Member

You have a Sale Rep from 4WD right here. I have no idea what you mean why its a scam? Its not a Scam at all. It clearly says this is a Call-In special online.

Call-In Offer! Free Differential Cover w/ Purchase of Select G2 Parts- Call 800-901-0872 for Details
Call-In Offer! Free Differential Cover w/ Purchase of Select G2 Parts- Call 800-901-0872 for Details

Take advantage of this special deal: Call-In Offer! Free Differential Cover w/ Purchase of Select G2 Parts- Call 800-901-0872 for Details
The Deal is buy Front and Rear, Ring and Pinions with Master Install Kits and get a Free G/2 Diff Cover. We have ran this special many times in the past, it is just very confusing to run online because of the insane amount of combinations of axles and ratios available, thats why we suggest calling in.

I am running a Forum special on this deal right now. Which is better than that deal. If you have any other questions let me know.

BTW I do free shipping on all items regardless of price to all Forum members.

Thanks,
Bryan

Last edited by Bustabizz; 03-28-2013 at 07:41 AM.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Exclamation

Originally Posted by bustabizz
you have a sale rep from 4wd right here. I have no idea what you mean why its a scam? Its not a scam at all. It clearly says this is a call-in special online.

The deal is buy front and rear, ring and pinions with master install kits and get a free g/2 diff cover. We have ran this special many times in the past, it is just very confusing to run online because of the insane amount of combinations of axles and ratios available, thats why we suggest calling in.

I am running a forum special on this deal right now. Which is better than that deal. If you have any other questions let me know.

Thanks,
bryan
like i told the supervisor on the phone. U can not mislead the consumer. Which the website does. 4wd.com should be more careful with how they represent things if they want return business. The impression is buy this particular ring and pinion set and get the cover, not buy this one and $600 dollars of additional product. If that is the case it must be written clearly. 4wd.com used the verbiage to mislead and lure a customer into the call center .
Old 03-27-2013, 05:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Makes sense to me but I always read between the lines & all fine print. That's probably why it says call-in though as there's multiple options & confusing for people. That's not a bait & switch ad though. That's completely different as they aren't saying buy one gear set get this cover & then you call in & they say pay us double.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:43 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by jeepjkgrrl
like i told the supervisor on the phone. U can not mislead the consumer. Which the website does. 4wd.com should be more careful with how they represent things if they want return business. The impression is buy this particular ring and pinion set and get the cover, not buy this one and $600 dollars of additional product. If that is the case it must be written clearly. 4wd.com used the verbiage to mislead and lure a customer into the call center .
I read the ad and it did not confuse me. Not sure why it is confusing to some? It says in Plain english free diff. cover with select g2 parts, does not say free cover with any g2 parts.
I for not one second thought you would get a free diff cover with just ring and pinion set.

Quick Reply: 4wd.com scam buyer beware!!!!!!