Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

4dr to 2dr spring swap!

Old 01-08-2016, 11:22 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Kluso50
Here you go.
Looks good! 35's in your future?
Old 01-09-2016, 05:01 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by catahoula
Looks good! 35's in your future?
Probably not, too much other expense although I would like em. If no 35's will definitely go with 33/12.5/17's.
Old 01-09-2016, 05:48 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Springs

2 Door springs are designed to support a base curb weight of 3760 lbs and Unlimited are rated for a curb weight of 4277 lbs. While you are going to get some height gains your ride will be stiffer. Some people like that. I prefer a stiffer ride but thats my preference.

*35's will be calling your name* Upgrading your Jeep is a addiction. Some People are addicted to Cigarettes, Alcohol and other things. I'm addicted to My Jeep.
Old 01-10-2016, 12:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

My rig is already pretty modded. And 35's I already have.

My current set up has the terraflex spacer level kit. So I'm just looking to get rig of the spacers. I like the current stance, but if it increases by .5-1.00 when I install these, that's fine.

So k got the springs (17/59's) and I just picked up some BDS shocks for a inch lift.

What else should I grab?

I got brake line extensions on the list as well as the possibility of bump stops. Any idea what size bump stops I should need.

I'm thinking I might need to add ONE of the terra flex spacer up front to level it with these springs. But what do you guys think I'll get from a lift? My rig has some weight to it, I have full metel front bumper and rear bumper, tire carrier, metal flat fenders etc.

Here are some pics of my rig.

Old 01-10-2016, 02:15 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Upgrading stock coils is great for a little while but it doesn't last. I've been through many sets of stock coils. I finally bought 2.5" coils and I'm much happier with a constant height.

As far as bumpstops, you'll only need enough to keep your shocks from bottoming out. You have more uptravel with those fenders and with what you've got, the shocks should be the only limiting factor.
Old 01-11-2016, 02:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kluso50
Here you go.
lookin good.

how is the ride?

anything else you did for the lift besides springs/shock? Like brake line extensions or track bar etc
Old 01-12-2016, 03:37 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by miraclemax
lookin good. how is the ride? anything else you did for the lift besides springs/shock? Like brake line extensions or track bar etc
Put Spidertrax spacers on, other than that nothing else. I'm not sure if the ride is stiffer or not, I haven't ridden in another jeep for comparison. I've always had 4x4 pickup's and my jeep rides pretty much like they did. Being a 2 dr I think the short wheel base may make it a bit stiffer but I don't know. Hell, it's a 4x4 and I expect it to be a bit rough riding.
Old 01-12-2016, 08:48 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by miraclemax
My rig is already pretty modded. And 35's I already have.

My current set up has the terraflex spacer level kit. So I'm just looking to get rig of the spacers. I like the current stance, but if it increases by .5-1.00 when I install these, that's fine.

So k got the springs (17/59's) and I just picked up some BDS shocks for a inch lift.

What else should I grab?

I got brake line extensions on the list as well as the possibility of bump stops. Any idea what size bump stops I should need.

I'm thinking I might need to add ONE of the terra flex spacer up front to level it with these springs. But what do you guys think I'll get from a lift? My rig has some weight to it, I have full metel front bumper and rear bumper, tire carrier, metal flat fenders etc.

Here are some pics of my rig.

Nice rig! I yhink it looks perfect.
Old 01-12-2016, 12:55 PM
JK Newbie

I run a 1.75" budget boost with 4-door springs and got about 3.25" of lift
Old 01-12-2016, 04:52 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Viperbluelx
I run a 1.75" budget boost with 4-door springs and got about 3.25" of lift
I did the exact same thing and got the same lift. Probably closer to 3" now with heavy bumper and rock rails. I can't complain, it's a nice budget boost for now

Quick Reply: 4dr to 2dr spring swap!