Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

4BT swap? Dead end?

Old 05-07-2013, 10:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RJtx
what would be a good donor block? out of that vehicle?
Yup like I said in post #4 Bread trucks or step vans / concession trucks (And the links I sent you) I would search "4BT Cummins" on Ebay and truck trader. You will see tons for sale with decent mileage too. Reason I would buy the whole truck is you will get engine and trans ... and truck LOL for the price of some engines ONLY that are for sale. The common rail / allison trucks will require all their respective ECU/PCM units and harnesses but mostly all trucks are for sale complete and running. If it were me I would go after what is commonly called "P-Pump" trucks.
Old 05-22-2014, 01:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RJtx
so can how would I Isolate the electronics? I like the bigger body of the JK but the electronics are just unneccesary. could I rip it all out and run a basic lights, horn, crank setup or is EVERYTHING tied into the computer? is there a way to delete the engine/trans out of the equation? also I found a few cores on Ebay how often do the blocks crack?
I was wanting to do the same thing, and wondering the same thing "electronics are just unneccesary. could I rip it all out and run a basic lights, horn, crank setup or is EVERYTHING tied into the computer? is there a way to delete the engine/trans out of the equation?"

Sent from my thread killing iPhone
Old 05-22-2014, 07:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Craig's list in OKC SEARCH AUTO PARTS FOR 4bt. Some sweet deals.

Quick Reply: 4BT swap? Dead end?