Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

410 gears with 35" tires

Old 10-14-2009, 09:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SAJeepthing
Maybe you shouold have gotten the 6spd manual. I have no problems on hills with the 35's and 4.10s. I've been through some pretty long grades, steep grades, and getting up to speed on the freeway and no issues. Granted I'm not going through the I70 corridor in Colorado anymore but I just haven't had the issues.

Funny side note is I've been reading threads for a long time before I started posting replies and I must have some miracle JK because all the complaints I see about power loss and bad gas mileage I haven't experienced yet. I use the word yet very loose but my Jeep runs great.
I too have a 6 speed, and like yourself no real complaints, certainly nothing like the guys who have auto's. Mine also runs great.
Old 10-22-2009, 02:57 PM
JK Newbie

so what are all of yall getting to the gallon? im thinkin of goin 35s with the 410s and im at 13.5 average with 33s
Old 10-22-2009, 03:43 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Dr.JK
I am running 33's now and want 35's, who is running 35's with an auto trans?

Are you happy with it?
Not too bad. Handles fine, decent power - definitely 5.13s would help but not a must. Just make sure you use a programmer to recalibrate your speedometer and correct the shift points or it will drive like a pig!

Originally Posted by RchyRch650
so what are all of yall getting to the gallon? im thinkin of goin 35s with the 410s and im at 13.5 average with 33s
In town, 14mpg with the 35s [most my in-town driving is through school zones and a lot of stop and go, 6 miles round trip back and forth to work]. Highway, around 18mpg driving 65mph - 68mph, if I get up over 70mph, it's usually around 17.3mpg - 17.5mpg

Quick Reply: 410 gears with 35" tires