Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

40-50 bucks CAI and works great

Old 09-18-2011, 09:23 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FrankCastle01
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JEEP-...item2313e5da71

Got this puppy off of ebay and installed today and as another person put it on this forum it really does "wake " the engine up. Mechanic friend of mine said that if I payed more than 40-50 bucks for a CAI that I was a homo, so had to do some digging on ebay to find this thing (cant have him questioning my sexuality). Ive noticed improvements all around and it definitally worth the money!
I think you misunderstood him. He said that if you payed more than 4-5 bucks for a CAI you are a homo!

So you took a good intake design and converted it to a cold air/cold water intake that makes more noise than the stock arrangement?
Old 09-18-2011, 09:33 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mocar
for those worried about water with a "cai" you can cut a bigger hole in the top of the stock box.
The difference between the "cold air intake" you are talking about and the stock setup is the lack of the box around the filter.
Put the box back and all you have done is spend more time and money. The restriction in the remainder of the intake path is unchanged.

Sorry, I can't be convinced that drawing heated engine compartment air through an unprotected filter is an improvement over a design that draws air from outside the engine compartment.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by bbrown626

The difference between the "cold air intake" you are talking about and the stock setup is the lack of the box around the filter.
Put the box back and all you have done is spend more time and money. The restriction in the remainder of the intake path is unchanged.

Sorry, I can't be convinced that drawing heated engine compartment air through an unprotected filter is an improvement over a design that draws air from outside the engine compartment.
Yep...I agree...
Old 09-18-2011, 12:48 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jknockers
Why not just put a big washable filter right on the front of the throttle body, no tube
Yeah, why not.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1163616551-m.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	212528  

Quick Reply: 40-50 bucks CAI and works great