Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

40-50 bucks CAI and works great

Old 09-07-2011, 07:17 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 40-50 bucks CAI and works great

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JEEP-...item2313e5da71

Got this puppy off of ebay and installed today and as another person put it on this forum it really does "wake " the engine up. Mechanic friend of mine said that if I payed more than 40-50 bucks for a CAI that I was a homo, so had to do some digging on ebay to find this thing (cant have him questioning my sexuality). Ive noticed improvements all around and it definitally worth the money!
Old 09-07-2011, 07:21 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FrankCastle01

Got this puppy off of ebay and installed today and as another person put it on this forum it really does "wake " the engine up. Mechanic friend of mine said that if I payed more than 40-50 bucks for a CAI that I was a homo, so had to do some digging on ebay to find this thing (cant have him questioning my sexuality). Ive noticed improvements all around and it definitally worth the money!
Do you have pictures of it on your jeep
Old 09-07-2011, 07:22 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope you don't go in any water with that thing.
Stock box is way better from that prospective
Old 09-07-2011, 07:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FrankCastle01

too funny

show some pics of that beast under the hood
Old 09-07-2011, 07:38 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BLK07
Do you have pictures of it on your jeep
Just took one with my phone ..might have to wait until daylight the flash isnt doing it justice right now
Old 09-07-2011, 07:44 PM
JK Freak

Click image for larger version

Name:	CAI.jpg
Views:	516
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	208258

here yah go..
Old 09-07-2011, 07:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Not a cold air intake. still taking the hot air from under the hood and since it is open, taking more hot air in. so may see a gain because more air is comming in, would get better if it was actually plumbed to take nothing but cold air in.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My Spanish isn't too good, but that looks like a might fine inyector de agua fria. Drive your Jeep through some deep water for a full translation.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:38 PM
JK Freak

I suppose so ....not making the rules on who gay or not as it relates to Jeep parts. I know its like a gremlin if I get it wet Im fucked and thats english.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Apostle
Not a cold air intake. still taking the hot air from under the hood and since it is open, taking more hot air in. so may see a gain because more air is comming in, would get better if it was actually plumbed to take nothing but cold air in.
Agree with the "Not a cold air intake". Actually it would be called a short ram intake. As far as any intake in a naturally aspirated engine, without enlarging the intake runners to allow more air, or somehow changing the atmospheric pressure, there can not be more airflow.
Perhaps the whine of these things leads many to believe more "seat of the pants" power.
A waste of $$$ IMO.

Quick Reply: 40-50 bucks CAI and works great