Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

4" Teraflex Long Arm Should I Do It?

Old 07-08-2012, 12:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4" Teraflex Long Arm Should I Do It?

This is my first post I would like to start off by telling everyone HI! This forum is great! All the research I have done has help me decide that I want to run 37’s so I have decided to purchase and install myself the TeraFlex JK 4” Elite LCG Long Flex Arm System (part #1257400). Plan on doing this in my garage with no lift. It’s not my DD so I can take my time. Also plan on re-gearing and new DS at some point. I’d like to get any other suspension mod & install suggestions that I might not know about or thinking of. And any DIY long arm installers words of encouragement would be great. I’m a little worried about cutting on my Jeep!
Old 11-27-2012, 07:37 AM
JK Newbie

I was thinking of the same kit. Have you installed already?
Old 11-27-2012, 01:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was looking at long arm kits but I ended up going with the Teraflex 3in kit because I can't weld and I am not comfortable with fact that I was cutting off the stock control arm brackets. Once you cut those off there is no going back, but my Jeep is also my DD. Good luck, be patient really patient, measure four or five times and then have at it. Post pics as well!

Old 11-27-2012, 01:11 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you seen our long arm install video series? I will post a link here later.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You will have a very difficult time installing the long arm without a hoist. I installed the same lift myself (with help of friends) in a buddies garage that had a four arm hoist. I would not even consider doing this install on jack stands/blocking. I had to reposition the hoist points a few times after cutting the stock control arm brackets off and installing the new ones. This would be a huge and possibly dangerous task to do on blocking/stands IMHO.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:42 PM
JK Newbie

Can you install evo coil overs on a 3 in lift? That's what I want to install after the lift
Old 11-27-2012, 10:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by samcarlos
Can you install evo coil overs on a 3 in lift? That's what I want to install after the lift
Yes you can the coilovers are adjustable. I have coilovers with teraflex long arms and teraflex speed bumps.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1429857308.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	392939

Last edited by cuongdyna; 11-27-2012 at 10:28 PM.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:10 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by cuongdyna
Yes you can the coilovers are adjustable. I have coilovers with teraflex long arms and teraflex speed bumps.

Attachment 392939
looks good!
Old 11-28-2012, 07:02 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by samcarlos
Yes you can install EVO coil overs on a 3" lift. If you plan on going with the coil overs than I would definitely get the long arm kit. Those 2 combinations go together like peanut butter and jelly do in a PB&J sandwich. Can't have one without the other. If you weren't going with the coil overs than I would'nt get the long arm because our stock arm lengths are good enough to adjust at 4" and don't offer that harsh of a ride compared to a TJ. With that being said long arms with coil springs won't add articulation because the shocks limit it or else our coils would fall out.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:26 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by racin444

Yes you can install EVO coil overs on a 3" lift. If you plan on going with the coil overs than I would definitely get the long arm kit. Those 2 combinations go together like peanut butter and jelly do in a PB&J sandwich. Can't have one without the other. If you weren't going with the coil overs than I would'nt get the long arm because our stock arm lengths are good enough to adjust at 4" and don't offer that harsh of a ride compared to a TJ. With that being said long arms with coil springs won't add articulation because the shocks limit it or else our coils would fall out.
Thanks for the info. It just made it much harder to decide what to go with. Lol

Quick Reply: 4" Teraflex Long Arm Should I Do It?